No announcement yet.

Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck in Chicago O'Hara on a layover. I need to see some action in here so I'm not too bored.

Comment

Congrats folks on the does, I’ve been stuck at home in the spare bedroom with the rona since the last day of my hitch. I’m feeling pretty good and may go drop some corn where I had a couple does come in on me before season. I have a week left of days off starting tomorrow, hopefully I can get out before it’s time to go back to work.

Comment

Looking like I won't have an outboard this year.

Any of y'all walk in aquilla or whitney? Mostly curious about safe areas to park and not have my truck broken into or cats stolen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          Looking like I won't have an outboard this year.

Any of y'all walk in aquilla or whitney? Mostly curious about safe areas to park and not have my truck broken into or cats stolen.

You leave a housecat in your truck? Weird On a side note, back before they closed the ramp and locked the gate on A6 the A lake we found a baby kitten someone had abandoned. My dad's had that as a barn cat for about 6 years now.

On a serious note, I have yet to have my vehicle broken into or jacked with. I don't really mess with the A lake much anymore, but I did leave my door open once on A7 and a member on here was nice enough to shut my jeep and lock it for me, thank the Lord.

Some of the spots get enough traffic that I think it helps mitigate it, but its always a risk. If I find spots where I'm seeing a bunch of shotgun shells, fireworks, or shell casings from target practice, chances are I'm prolly avoiding that area or hunting closer to the truck.

And as much as I hate to say it, I think some of the vandalism out there comes from other hunters that are ticked off about someone "taking their spot". Having a mobile setup is expensive, but if you add in the cost of replacing stolen stands every year, the mobile setup pays for itself. But I do find that once gun season hits, the pressure lets up quite a bit.

I'm a little crazy I guess, and I still see where other people have been, but once I'm in the woods, I have yet to encounter another hunter in the past 2 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
            You leave a housecat in your truck? Weird On a side note, back before they closed the ramp and locked the gate on A6 the A lake we found a baby kitten someone had abandoned. My dad's had that as a barn cat for about 6 years now.

On a serious note, I have yet to have my vehicle broken into or jacked with. I don't really mess with the A lake much anymore, but I did leave my door open once on A7 and a member on here was nice enough to shut my jeep and lock it for me, thank the Lord.

Some of the spots get enough traffic that I think it helps mitigate it, but its always a risk. If I find spots where I'm seeing a bunch of shotgun shells, fireworks, or shell casings from target practice, chances are I'm prolly avoiding that area or hunting closer to the truck.

And as much as I hate to say it, I think some of the vandalism out there comes from other hunters that are ticked off about someone "taking their spot". Having a mobile setup is expensive, but if you add in the cost of replacing stolen stands every year, the mobile setup pays for itself. But I do find that once gun season hits, the pressure lets up quite a bit.

I'm a little crazy I guess, and I still see where other people have been, but once I'm in the woods, I have yet to encounter another hunter in the past 2 years now.
            Thanks! For the info.

I got my pass last year but only went up to scout once. Never managed to hunt. Personal life was crazy during hunting season last year.

Hopefully can get a hunt or two in this year. I'll just be walking in and hunting off the ground.

Comment

Most people walk in. But, there are a lot that think they are the only ones boating into some areas only to find out others have the same thoughts . I've boated around some mornings fishing and just counting all the boats

Old School ramp on lake A gets the most vandalism. I haven't seen it happen on the W lake in some time. Course W lake gets a lot of hunters too. So, like Kirby said, it could help in a way.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Anyone camping at Macown this weekend??

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                  Anyone camping at Macown this weekend??

No, it’s Homecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope to make it out this year.... I’ve heard that it’s mail in only for permits of you didn’t pull one last year.... is this true or can I go down to the office?

Comment

Well I made it out today. Dropped some corn on Tuesday and planning on an all day hunt. The corn is all gone and I forgot to bring the pound or two I had in the garage, no big deal though. I’m at the same place I saw the three does in September so hopefully at least one of them will come in. The wind is picking up now after a near still morning. Hopefully that will cause one of the deer close by to decide to change beds and mosey by here.

Comment

Get ya one Ender!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Well I had a couple does come by at 1130, they were at 27 yds and I think they caught a wind swirl. At least the front one. She didn’t really spook but trotted about 15 yards forward suddenly then just fed in the brush. They both fed there for about 10 minutes and wandered off to the north. Wish they’d been a bit closer or at least stopped long enough to steady a pin, but I had fun just getting in a tree after being stuck in quarantine all that time.

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
                            Hope to make it out this year.... I’ve heard that it’s mail in only for permits of you didn’t pull one last year.... is this true or can I go down to the office?

Mail in only.

Comment

1,846 permits issued as of this morning. And 18 surveys started or reported. Certainly down from previous start of previous years. Course the deer numbers are way down too. And the duck hunters haven't really begin to sign up.

W lake is 1.80 feet below normal.

A lake is .24 feet below normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Thank you TG!

Comment

Working...
                                X