Grapevine Hunting 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapevine Lake Master Plan Public Meeting

USACE to host in person public workshop review of the Grapevine Lake Master Plan revision

FORT WORTH, Texas – The Fort Worth District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will host a public meeting at
    6 p.m., June 9, at The REC of Grapevine, 1175 Municipal Way, Grapevine, TX 76051 to provide information and receive public input on the Draft Grapevine Lake Master Plan and Environmental Assessment.

The meeting will begin with a brief presentation at 6:00 p.m. followed by an open house for the public to view the current land use maps, ask questions and provide comments about the project. If you are unable to attend the in person meeting, documents are available for comment at
    https://www.swf.usace.army.mil/About...Grapevine-Lake /

Documents posted for online public review Include:

• 2022 Draft Revised Master Plan for Grapevine Lake
    • 1971 Master Plan for Grapevine Lake with 2001 Supplement
    • Comment Form
    • Downloadable Presentation

USACE defines the Master Plan as the strategic land use management document that guides the comprehensive management and development of all recreational, natural, and cultural resources throughout the life of the water resource development project. Public participation is critical to the successful revision of the Master Plan.

The Master Plan study area includes Grapevine Lake proper and all adjacent recreational and natural resource properties under USACE administration. Grapevine Lake is a multi-purpose reservoir constructed and managed for flood risk management, water supply, fish and wildlife, and recreation. The current Master Plan for Grapevine Lake is dated 1971. The revision is needed to address changes in regional land use, population, outdoor recreation trends, and USACE management policy.

Key topics addressed in the 2022 Draft Revised Master Plan include updated land classifications, new natural and recreational resource management objectives, recreation facility needs, and special topics such as utility corridors and public hunting. Revision of the Master Plan does not address in detail the technical operational aspects of the reservoir related to the water supply, flood risk management, or shoreline management permitting missions of the project.

Comments may be submitted online by filling out the Comment Form and clicking on the link provided on the comment form or mailing comments to the address below. Only written comments will be accepted. The comment period begins June 9 and ends July 10, 2022.

Questions pertaining to the proposed revision can be addressed to: Joshua Quiring, Project Manager, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District, P.O. Box 17300, Fort Worth, TX 76102-0300 or sent via email to CESWF-PER-Grapevine@usace.army.mil.

-30-

Visit the Fort Worth District Web site at: www.swf.usace.army.mil and social media at: https://about.me/usacefortworth

Comment

Here's your chance to speak up and speak out, fellers and felletts!

Comment

Thank you for sharing this!

Comment

Was anyone able to make it out to that Grapevine meeting? Just wondering how it went.

Comment

I did attend the meeting and read over the whole new plan, seems like everything is fine regarding hunting. In fact, despite the posted info somewhere that hunting was specifically to be discussed, it seems like hunting is outside the scope of this revision. However, it was discouraging that there was only one other hunter at the meeting, and only like two comments last time in support.

It can't hurt for everyone to take 2 minutes and type out/email a comment using this form,

Something short & sweet along the lines of "I am writing to express my support for continued hunting at Lake Grapevine."

There were anti-hunters at the meeting, I'm sure they'll make their opinion known. If we don't do the same, we're losing ground. Comment period is only open until July 10.

Comment

Thanks for the update and link

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
                I did attend the meeting and read over the whole new plan, seems like everything is fine regarding hunting. In fact, despite the posted info somewhere that hunting was specifically to be discussed, it seems like hunting is outside the scope of this revision. However, it was discouraging that there was only one other hunter at the meeting, and only like two comments last time in support.

It can't hurt for everyone to take 2 minutes and type out/email a comment using this form,

Something short & sweet along the lines of "I am writing to express my support for continued hunting at Lake Grapevine."

There were anti-hunters at the meeting, I'm sure they'll make their opinion known. If we don't do the same, we're losing ground. Comment period is only open until July 10.
                Comments sent......... Thanks for posting!

Comment

Last day to comment fellas, up top
                  Last edited by Wile E.; 07-10-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Man, I completely missed those posts about the meeting. Definitely agree that we hunters need to be just as loud as the anti-hunters. People who oppose something are typically several times louder than people who don't, making their voices louder. We need to speak up!

Comment

I haven't seen a 2022-23 Grapevine thread yet. Application has been submitted! Do we know when the draw is?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
                        I haven't seen a 2022-23 Grapevine thread yet. Application has been submitted! Do we know when the draw is?
                        The draw is usually Mid-September iirc. I completely forgot to put in 🤦*♂️
                        I’ll hopefully get a waterfowl permit.

J

Comment

Looking at hunting map, and is this accurate? Is there only 1 parking/access area for all of the available hunting on Grapevine? I have hunted other lakes and etc. I did not put in for me. But thinking to take my 12 yr old son for archery season. I work in Flower Mound, so thought to go do some scouting after work.
                          Last edited by da_pepper; 08-10-2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Grapevine Hunting 2021-2022

There’s 2 official parking spots but some fine areas to park around there

I was getting worried I didn’t make the cut this year cause I didn’t know when the draw is. I applied for Lewisville as well. But I think I missed out on one of the 3 spots they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the call today Im in time to get some boots on the ground

Comment

So have they had the draw???

Comment

Working...
                                X