• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving it a whirl this weekend, but mixing in 5 meats

Comment

Gonna try it this weekend sounds good

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna try this in an hour or so. Sounds similar to my go-to Venison chili recipe I have used for 25 years. Usually use Carroll Shelbys Terlingua-winning recipe. Look up the recipe online....you won't regret it. And no, not talking about the store-bought Shelbys 'kit'....although I have used, and it is still solid. But just not the same....

Comment

And yes....THAT Carroll Shelby. The Shelby mustang creator and racer was also a chilihead. Lots don't know that......

Comment

Is it better than the Rajin blaze Chile?

Comment

great recipe thanks for sharing. but have to add things like onions, bell peppers, tomatoes. but no beans.

Comment

It didn’t hit 90 today so I got a pot of chili going! I used coarse ground venison with a little brisket fat put in the grind, doubled the tomato sauce, added a can of Rotel, and added half a large sweet onion and a Shiner Bock. On the spices I didn’t have light chili powder so I just used the same amount all dark (TexJoy), added 1/2 tsp Chipotle Chile Powder, doubled the Cumin, added a pack of Sazon Goya Azafran, smoked paprika for the paprika and 1 1/2 tsp better than bouillon instead of the cube. Even with the extra liquid I added about a cup of water. I have a hard time leaving a recipe alone! I didn’t screw it up though, it turned out pretty darn good!

Comment

In 2011 I found this and became a hero to friends and family.
                  Then I found Cajun Blake and switched to his formula. { A lot easier}
                  Friends and family still line up for a bowl...

Comment

Going to give this a try

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Little cooler weather today got me searching for this thread. Best chili I’ve ever made!

Comment

The way I make it is pretty similar. I’ll throw this in there as the biggest difference in how I make it is that I will throw a 12oz tube of beef or pork Charizo in the meat when I’m browning the grind. I also have axis ground with bacon fat and pieces that I mix with the beef as well. No one has complained yet so far lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X