No announcement yet.

Texas surf shark fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also got two breakaway 13’ HDX’s to put them on... now I gotta start practicing

Comment

Those are nice reels and the breakaway rods are good rods. Ol Nick with breakaway can sling that very set up into the 3rd gut on pins. He's got some good videos on YouTube.

Comment

Nick used to meet up with people at a soccer field down the street from his shop and give out casting tips. Watch you throw and show you what to do to adjust. I think he still does if you call the day before and set it up. He is a great guy to do business with and breakaway rods are top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
          Nick used to meet up with people at a soccer field down the street from his shop and give out casting tips. Watch you throw and show you what to do to adjust. I think he still does if you call the day before and set it up. He is a great guy to do business with and breakaway rods are top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Yes I met with him this morning and he talked to me about what I was doing. I have a long way to go. That’s ok. That’s why I went directly to him and not someone that just sells his stuff. I’m anxious to learn.

Comment

Headed down tomorrow for about a week and a half

Comment

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
              Headed down tomorrow for about a week and a half
              Dang! Good luck! I was gonna go yesterday and fish this week but would've been by myself so decided it wasn't worth the expense. Gonna make a big trip in a couple weeks then go a few weekends in a row.

Comment

Started the trip off with a nice 29”
                Attached Files

Comment

And I am not sure why seems like the majority of the time I post sideways

Comment

And I am not sure why seems like the majority of the time I post sideways
                    Gotta lift one foot off the ground and pat your head while posting lol. Nice fish, **** things always gotta be 1" too big or too small!

Comment

Nice!!! Hoping to get in on some surf action this year.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Gotta lift one foot off the ground and pat your head while posting lol. Nice fish, **** things always gotta be 1" too big or too small!
                        Seems like that’s what’s been happening mostly lately. Either rats or bulls. Few slots.

Comment

Started the trip off with a nice 29”
                          That's a good lookin red!

Comment

Sharks I haven’t been able to get into yet, but the reds and black drum have been good. This is the biggest of the day at 42”.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome fish! Both of y’all should be proud of that one.
                              Great talking to you down there yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                                Awesome fish! Both of y’all should be proud of that one.
                                Great talking to you down there yesterday.
                                Likewise! I’m sure we’ll run across each other again at some point

Comment

Working...
                                X