Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Photography
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
PassnItOn
Ten Point
 
PassnItOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Angleton, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default I'm about to finally order the 90D...

Am I messing up?
PassnItOn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 08:23 PM   #2
Casey
Administrator
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bulverde
Hunt In: Frio, Blanco Counties
Default

I would suggest you look at the EOS R or RP. Canon is starting to phase out the DSLR lenses that fit cameras like the 90D. Their move to all mirrorless is underway.

With that said, the 90D is a good camera and there will be a lot of lenses to choose from for a long time. It all depends on how hard you're going to go at photography.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #3
ATX Tyler
Ten Point
 
ATX Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Central, TX
Default

Agree with Casey on this as well. I have the R and love it. Only thing I'm going to eventually sell it for is to get the new R5.
ATX Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 08:32 AM   #4
Bill M
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bryan, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I would suggest you look at the EOS R or RP. Canon is starting to phase out the DSLR lenses that fit cameras like the 90D. Their move to all mirrorless is underway.

With that said, the 90D is a good camera and there will be a lot of lenses to choose from for a long time. It all depends on how hard you're going to go at photography.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Tyler View Post
Agree with Casey on this as well. I have the R and love it. Only thing I'm going to eventually sell it for is to get the new R5.

I agree with both of these guys. I made the switch to mirrorless 3 years ago going from Canon to Sony.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #5
PassnItOn
Ten Point
 
PassnItOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Angleton, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Yep, exactly why I asked - thanks guys. Just getting started but plan to really get into it. Video capabilities on the R? I want one that can do both.
PassnItOn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #6
ATX Tyler
Ten Point
 
ATX Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Central, TX
Default

You can shoot 4k on the R, but it is cropped. You can get full frame with 1080p quality. What I do when filming hunts is I create saved custom settings, one for 4k when shooting video of the actual animal, and one setting that is full frame 1080 for doing camera interviews or wide shots etc. I think you can only do 120fps at 720p though if you like super slow-mo type stuff. It's definitely very capable for video IMO.
ATX Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2021, 06:49 AM   #7
Bill M
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bryan, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassnItOn View Post
Yep, exactly why I asked - thanks guys. Just getting started but plan to really get into it. Video capabilities on the R? I want one that can do both.

Read up on Sony video capabilities. I just sold a little Sony a6400 that was great for video but they have others as well.


In the end, best of luck with what you choose and have fun with it.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 11:21 AM   #8
oneisnone
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Dallas
Default

Without knowing what your primary use/genre of filming will be, I'll just tell you that the 90D is incredible for both photos and videos. I regret selling mine and plan on buying another one as my next backup body.
oneisnone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 11:27 PM   #9
PassnItOn
Ten Point
 
PassnItOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Angleton, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneisnone View Post
Without knowing what your primary use/genre of filming will be, I'll just tell you that the 90D is incredible for both photos and videos. I regret selling mine and plan on buying another one as my next backup body.
Thank you! Mainly wildlife at the ranch. Wife is picking it up for my birthday, I'm pretty pumped. Just getting started so probably more than i need but hope to get proficient pretty quick.
PassnItOn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2021, 05:21 PM   #10
CindyKick
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Default

Lmao
CindyKick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #11
PassnItOn
Ten Point
 
PassnItOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Angleton, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyKick View Post
Lmao
okay?
PassnItOn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com