Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #51
Walking Eagle
Eight Point

Hunt In: Freer

1.5 cc's every other week for me.
Walking Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #52
G Posik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any place I can

Whether you are young or old there are some things you need to keep in mind. It requires a life style tinge. Do not expect to loose 20much lbs overnight. Stay away from all of the fad diets. Start off by first going to visit your doctor. Then start a sensible workout/ meal plan. If you really do not understand this get a couple of sessions with a trainer and a nutritionist. Set multiple goals that can be reached. Luke I said this is a life style change and will be tough. To those making changes and getting in shape good luck.

Glenn
G Posik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #53
JW
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky

Im 39. Ive been on it a year. Ive dropped 20 pounds with no exercise and my muscle tone it better. I just started the tire flippin. Maybe in another year ill be like i was when i was 32. 211lbs and 8% body fat. Hey a fella can dream!!!!
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #54
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Hunt In: granger, victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin' View Post
Testo injection here.
That explains a lot! Just kidding
Dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #55
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Hey Glen after your shoulder gets healed up let me know if you want to work out with me. I have a pretty good set up here at my house. I don't use it as often as I should and think a workout partner would keep me motivated/honest about using it!
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #56
Draco
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
My dietitian said there isn't much more I can do. Maybe someone on here can give me some more ideas.
I'm starting a pipe fence job in about a week. There will be a lot of heavy lifting involved there Glen. I won't pay you, you will pay me....you know, for giving you a good work out.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #57
wpcattleco
Eight Point

Hunt In: Brazoria County, George West and day leases with the buds

I was doing the T injections and have not stopped. My family Dr. put me on them because he said it was low. Started with 1 cc every other week. After the first shot you'd thought I was 18 with all of the energy and good attitude I had. Then it started going down so he put me on 1 cc every week. It got to where it lasted about three days and I felt like crap for the other four so I went to an endo. Learned your T is at its highest first thing in the morning so that is when you get blood work, my Dr. always checked it in the afternoon. It's a drug that your body depends on and once you start with the injections your body stops producing it all together. I'm waiting for the results but I haven't had a shot in about three weeks. Around 3:00 I'll start feeling a little tired bit I'm not having the ups and downs I had with injections. The endo said it would take 3-4 months fort body to start producing it naturally again so I'll do blood work then and see what happens. There's a chance I might have to take it but I sure hope not. I also wake up at 5:00 AM every morning to workout so when 3:00 comes that's ten hours later. Long story short, don't trust a family Dr. when it comes to this, go to an endo.
wpcattleco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #58
bows08
Ten Point

Hunt In: Searching

Well my wife called me earlier today with my blood work results. Testosterone level is 120. I will be 40 in August. He has prescribed injections every 2 weeks. I have tried everything under the sun to increase my energy including diet and exercise with no lasting results. Hopefully this will help.
bows08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #59
flashof1979
Ten Point

Hunt In: As the arrow flies

I just want to say my dad will be 60 this year and is in awesome shape. No joke he is ripped. He started slow 30+ pounds over weight and now works out 4-5 times per week. I am proud of my hero! He credits his sucess to Body by Vi. Some of you guys should check into it.
flashof1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #60
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

I ran 3 miles yesterday and on Monday. Today I just completed a six mile road march with 50lbs. I feel great
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #61
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

I am full of jokes but yall are making me want to go get checked out. Cause i know the feeling. I just assumed it was work, kids, and less free time for hunting fishing, raising hell. Been told I am getting grumpy in my old age.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #62
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtymike View Post
I am full of jokes but yall are making me want to go get checked out. Cause i know the feeling. I just assumed it was work, kids, and less free time for hunting fishing, raising hell. Been told I am getting grumpy in my old age.
Low T
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #63
bows08
Ten Point

Hunt In: Searching

And I'm sure your getting grumpy as well!!
bows08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #64
wpcattleco
Eight Point

Hunt In: Brazoria County, George West and day leases with the buds

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, my family doctor checked me in the afternoon and it showed low. He put me on shots and i think it made me have more mood swings due to the ups and downs. I had all the symptoms most of you are discussing. I went to an endo and she had me checked in the morning and found out my T levels are good. I'm off the shots and actually feeling better. I just think some of the family doctors out there are quick to put patients on this because it's becoming the new fad and commercialized product for men.
wpcattleco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #65
fox1
Ten Point

Location: East Texan by birth but spending all my time in Okl.
Hunt In: now accepting invitations

Well reading some of the GS posts got me motivated 3 weeks ago, I've completely changed my eating behavior and joined a gym. I weighed 260 when I started this and haven't weighed yet this week but my clothes are fitting looser and my energy levels are way up.
I'm also on andro-gel and this is my 2nd month, feeling better than I have in years, I had my thyroid completely removed 12 years ago so I've been struggling with weight ever since.
I don't really have a goal to achieve as far as weight loss goes just wanting to feel better and hopefully this will help my back as well.
fox1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #66
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpcattleco View Post
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, my family doctor checked me in the afternoon and it showed low. He put me on shots and i think it made me have more mood swings due to the ups and downs. I had all the symptoms most of you are discussing. I went to an endo and she had me checked in the morning and found out my T levels are good. I'm off the shots and actually feeling better. I just think some of the family doctors out there are quick to put patients on this because it's becoming the new fad and commercialized product for men.
I kind of agree with you. Who am I to judge anyone but myself. I think my issue is working late, eating late and drinking too much beer not enough exercise. If I get my butt back in the gym and still feeling this way maybe I will bring it up next check up. But I think my personal diet and exercise should change first. I know after a weekend of hiking, camping and hunting I feel better than a week at work. Maybe I dont need T.... I just need a sugar momma with lots of cash to pay my bills
Old 09-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #67
alohamuscle
Nubbin' Buck

Default free weights

Workout at home would be a good solution, what you need is Youtube training video, and some free weights.

Last edited by alohamuscle; 09-13-2021 at 09:34 PM.
alohamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 09:16 PM   #68
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohamuscle View Post
Workout at home would be a good solution, what you need is Youtube training video, and some free weights.
Good advice but it's a NINE YEAR OLD thread..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 09:20 PM   #69
Huntindad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W

Yep, & Glen is an old retired fart
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 09:38 PM   #70
alohamuscle
Nubbin' Buck

Not in a hurry :-)
alohamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 09:44 PM   #71
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Good advice but it's a NINE YEAR OLD thread..
spammer
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 09:48 PM   #72
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Don't have a place yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohamuscle View Post
Not in a hurry :-)
You're too late. You should've been here 9 years ago. Now we're all too old to work out.
AlaskaFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 09:56 PM   #73
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

At 55 I still have good strength and muscle mass. They just built a new Gym in town so I joined. Itís suppose to open in a week. I did crazy strength training when I was younger but thatís not really in the cards at 55. Going for lean and muscular with good cardio. Canít wait to get started.
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #74
SabineHunter

Me thinks aloha is selling some YouTube tapes.
  Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2021, 12:52 AM   #75
Draco
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindad View Post
Yep, & Glen is an old retired fart
Yeah, OLD and retired. Every time I see him, he's hurting some where. I keep telling him to take up yoga but he won't listen.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2021, 01:12 AM   #76
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Yea. Im retires but just about to come into my prime years
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2021, 05:06 AM   #77
Hogmauler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerrville

I turned 66 in August. On a good day I can do 6 miles walking and running on the tread mill. My average heart rate is around 3.8. On my workout days I lift weights for 1.5 hours. Iíve got my bench press back up to 210. Iíve got great endurance, as far as repetitions go; however, some days Iím just tired. I had my T checked a few years back and it came back normal. All my other stuff is managed well.
Belly fat is my problem. Iím 6í1Ē and weigh between 217-220. Full stop. Thatís where I stay. I want to get down to 180 but seems like a pipe dream. I know most of my problem comes from boredom eating. I need land, a barn, not a subdivision. Suxx
Hogmauler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2021, 09:50 AM   #78
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr County - Gillespie County

I weigh 5 lbs over my 21 year old body weight.

Nearly 2000 miles on the bicycle - better diet - more activity and just plain got serious about eating right, not sitting on my arse and staying mental as well as physically active.

185 lbs and ready to pull on some serious fish - for hours and hours and hours on deck, on the sand....standing in a ditch!

Last edited by AtTheWall; 09-14-2021 at 09:54 AM.
AtTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top