TBH Chicken coop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Chicken coop

Back in January I posted a wtb coop thread and promptly found a large coop perfect for the job.

Yakblue put me in touch with his neighbor who just moved in and wanted the coop, left by the seller, out of his yard.

I made the long drive to check it out and devise a strategy for removal. Came back a week later with 3 other guys to cut and remove the coop.

What a drive home! 35 mph crosswinds made it a white knuckle trip! Took up every inch of the 5x9 trailer. We lost one of the windows on the drive home, so a replacement still needs to be made before cold weather sets in.
    After I clean it up and paint it, I'll post some pics. It must weigh +450 pounds!
    Before and after pics As promised. My wife and kids all pitched in on the paint work.

We also made a three tiered worm box to match!
    Attached Files

You will have a blast with the chickens. I raised them when I was a kid and have missed my chickens for a long time. I decided about a month ago I wanted to get back into egg birds. I had these two containers I pushed together and built the coop out of. We now have something like 30 Rhode Island reds running around. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's an efficient setup dpg481. Plenty of room for the girls. I have 8 hens now, of varying breeds. The love to run loose and eat everything in the yard from bugs to veggies in the garden.

Comment

i miss my chickens, my dog came back from gun dog school.....the rest explains itself

Comment

Originally posted by ebhegele View Post
          i miss my chickens, my dog came back from gun dog school.....the rest explains itself
          My duck dog never killed a chicken....until I took her pheasant hunting. When we got back from a week in South Dakota, where she retrieved dozens of birds, some wounded and on the run, she was transformed. She promptly killed two of my wife's hens and laid them on the backdoor mat. She was very proud of herself. My wife was happy with neither of us.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            My duck dog never killed a chicken....until I took her pheasant hunting. When we got back from a week in South Dakota, where she retrieved dozens of birds, some wounded and on the run, she was transformed. She promptly killed two of my wife's hens and laid them on the backdoor mat. She was very proud of herself. My wife was happy with neither of us.
            Oh boy! That's too bad. Maybe she will grow out of it.

Comment

Looks good topshot. Glad you could put it to use.

Comment

great view, though how else could it be)

Comment

Working...
                X