No announcement yet.

Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer movement was better in my area this morning. 8+ doe and 3 bucks. Nice young 10pt, 13”14” maybe but not 15” and I got to watch and video him for 20-30min in bow range. Had another 8pt possible shooter but the 10pt ran him off before he got in range or I got a great look at him. Definitely wider but shorter tines.

Comment

Anyone peek in the cooler to see whats been brought in last 2 days? Rest of the week probably going to be tougher with the moon and temps rising.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Anyone peek in the cooler to see whats been brought in last 2 days? Rest of the week probably going to be tougher with the moon and temps rising.
        Arrowed one yesterday evening that’s in the cooler. No monster, but my first public lands archery buck. 15 7/8” wide 7pt. Aged at 4.5. I’d normally describe him as a cull buck, but I was excited to harvest him. Coach

Comment

You still hunting? don't they just allow one deer now?

Comment

He can pig hunt.

I’m still scratching my head over one deer tag….

Comment

I could go back for hogs. With my work schedule and boat captain for my son’s high school fishing team this weekend. I knew I wouldn’t get many more opportunities to hunt this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                You still hunting? don't they just allow one deer now?
                Not hunting anymore

Comment

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
                  I could go back for hogs. With my work schedule and boat captain for my son’s high school fishing team this weekend. I knew I wouldn’t get many more opportunities to hunt this week.
                  Prayers, if there is a high school tournament coming to a lake I want as far away from there as I can get

Comment

10 in log book just a while ago 17 7/8” is widest. Seen a small 8 and a 160”ish at 2:00. Went down and got wind and made a stalk. Could have killed the small 8 with a hammer…and he’s still there. No clue where the Big one went. Solid palmetto

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      He can pig hunt.

I’m still scratching my head over one deer tag….
                      If the goal is a lower total deer harvest than previous years, one tag is a way to still allow plenty of folks to hunt. Also discourage doe harvest but still allow it.

Comment

Got in seat at 6:58, with no light getting in. 7:05 medium doe on trail at 8 yards. Gonna hunt till 10-10:30 even though I think this spot is done for the morning. I figured first and last light and so far it’s been exactly that. I’m going for broke and made my mind up to go after the one I saw yesterday
                        If I still have a tag by 4:00 this evening I’ll entertain shooting “any legal deer”. Got to leave by noonish Saturday

Comment

After seeing 70 deer in 3.5 days I punched my tag in the last hour. The story is one for the record books.

I can’t say enough about this place. Been 20 years since I walked these woods, and it’s a magic a place as I’ve ever hunted. Staff did a great job and everyone I meet was just fun to be around. It’s just a saucer head but the quality of bucks I saw would rival any in Texas. Why I waited till last day to kill a deer that I could have killed the first 45 minutes on the property

I’ll post a few more pics when I get unpacked

I was #14 in the log and I know of a BUNCH not recovered
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X