Husqvarna or Stihl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husqvarna or Stihl

In the market for a New Chainsaw and can't make up my mind...
    Husqvarna 445 18" or a Stihl 18"
    What says you? Give me some feedback on experiences with either..

And GO....

I vote Stihl

Comment

I don't have any info on the Husqvarna, but I have always been happy with Stihl. Just replaced a 30 year old one with a new one last year.

Comment

Stihl or Echo

Comment

Never owned a Husky ,but have 2 stihl's chainsaws. I have bought nothing but stihl tools. Have a tree saw & the biggest weed/brush cutter they make. Been more than happy with all of them. My farmboss must be is 10 yrs old + & still going fine. I used ethonal free fuel & it cranks right up.

Comment

I have always liked husqvarna better than stihl but that's just personal opinion. I have just had better luck. I am pretty hard on saws and use them at least 1-3 times a week cutting firewood. If you're looking for more of a budget saw check out holzfforma. They are clones of husqvarna and stihl saws. I bought a 372 xp which is a direct clone of the husky 372 with a 28"bar and chain for $380 and so far I'm impressed. It only had about 10 cords of firewood under its belt so far so longevity wise I can't tell you just yet but so far so good

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stihl although i bought a Echo Timber wolf for a job a while back and its been a dang good saw for the money so far.

Huge fan of echo weed eaters but always been a Stihl saw guy. But i like the echo saw for the price.

Comment

Echo is my favorite for the price.

Comment

All of my stuff is Husqvarna. I have good luck with them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can afford the extra few dollars, get the Stihl.

Comment

Stihl's run great when they run.

Comment

Stihl all day long.

My Dad won't even let me say the word Husqvarna in his presence.

Comment

I’ve run mostly Husqvarna 445 and 450, my father in law has a Stihl 250.

The controls and feel of the Husqvarna is much better to me. However the Stihl has a much better representation and in regards to long term life I’m sure the Stihl may serve you better.

My biggest complaint was every Husqvarna I’ve owned has leaked bar oil when sitting no matter what I did. And I’m talking cups just a drip.

Comment

Stihl

Comment

I've owned both. My opinion for what it's worth is the Husqvarna is a homeowner grade. It worked for small stuff. Lightweight and easy to handle, had a 16" bar. I Always had trouble getting it to start after it sat for a couple months. It took a beating riding in truck and buggy around deer leases. Finally had to throw it in a fire one day when it wouldnt keep running and then wouldn't start.

I replaced it with a 271 20" Stihl. It is definitely a workhorse. Much heavier than Husqvarna. Starts even when it sits a couple of months.

If you can afford the few extra dollars, I would recommend a Stihl.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X