No announcement yet.

Why do people steal SD cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a lock on the camera door so they can't access the SD card. I've forgotten to put the SD card back in before. Then, I've had the knuckleheads on the lease put the card in the wrong way and ruin the camera.

Comment

Hide a second camera aimed at the camera that had the card stolen out of it.

Comment

1. You forgot

or

2. They were tresspassing and got busted. TUrn your delay down, lock the camera with a lockbox and send us pics when you catch him

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          1. You forgot

or

2. They were tresspassing and got busted. TUrn your delay down, lock the camera with a lockbox and send us pics when you catch him

Haha will do. Appreciate the advice everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hide a second camera. The problem is they can be seen with an IR device or there probably is a phone app out there to see IR light. So you can cover the IR emitters, hide the camera, and utilize the first cameras IR emitter for 2nd cameras pictures. Set the first camera to video to keep the IR on for the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
              Hide a second camera. The problem is they can be seen with an IR device or there probably is a phone app out there to see IR light. So you can cover the IR emitters, hide the camera, and utilize the first cameras IR emitter for 2nd cameras pictures. Set the first camera to video to keep the IR on for the second one.
              Be sure to post pics of the suspected poachers so TBH CSI can go to work! I love those threads.

Comment

From my experience they remove the SD cards to keep from being on the card when they know they had their picture taken somewhere they shouldn’t have been. I was always thrilled they didn’t take the whole camera though but I will say a few times I was sure someone took my cards only to find out I had been drinking sudsy suds all day and I found the cards still in my SD card box LOL I’ve don’t this on more than one occasion without the beer in the mix as well. I numbered my cams and I have 2 numbered cards for each camera so I can keep track of it now. I run 28 cameras and it’s definitely helped numbering everything.

Comment

Some cameras have GPS for locating cameras, mine do. And they see what's coming in for poaching business.

Comment

I forgot to put mine in last week. Showed up Thursday and decided I’d set up a pop up for when the wind started switching back around out of the east. I worked my tail off setting and brushing up the blind. Even fed it every morning and evening before heading to my primary tripod . Sunday evening I was planning on hunting it so thought I’d check the card at lunch. Opened it up and no sd card. Checked my laptop and there it was. I went ahead and hunted it and turned out hogs were hitting it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Abrooks118 View Post
                      Y’all got any advice on ways to catch poaches or get rid of them? Obviously I can get the game warden involved but don’t want too unless I have too.

Place a bear trap hidden directly under your camera.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
                        Yup. I’m wondering why the cameras weren’t stolen as well if that were the case.

Originally posted by Abrooks118 View Post
                        Y’all got any advice on ways to catch poaches or get rid of them? Obviously I can get the game warden involved but don’t want too unless I have too.

According to my game warden in poaching country. She said sd cards and battery’s are not enough to get charged with. That 200.00 camera becomes more trouble. She told us to take a bad camera and put batteries and a card in it and then put your good camera facing the bad camera up high and hard to get to. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                          I suspect someone walked in front of them that wasn’t supposed to be there.

This

Comment

Trip wire paintball mine’s, either you will have painted poachers or deer.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                              According to my game warden in poaching country. She said sd cards and battery’s are not enough to get charged with. That 200.00 camera becomes more trouble. She told us to take a bad camera and put batteries and a card in it and then put your good camera facing the bad camera up high and hard to get to. Hope that helps.

Totally agree with this.

Comment

Probably someone who was not supposed to be there, got their picture taken, then realized they most likely had gotten their picture taken.

I caught my neighbor's grandson, opening one of my cameras and turning it off. The pictures on that camera, just stopped one night. With the last two being a bright light, pointed at the camera. Then that was it. So I checked the card from the other camera, that was pointing right at the one, that had been turned off. I had three pictures of the neighbor's grandson, opening my camera, with a flashlight in his hand. Being at night, I guess he saw the red LEDs flash, when that first camera took his picture, so he opened it and turned it off. He had his back to one of my other cameras, so he did not see it taking pictures of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X