Chevy Trail Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy Trail Boss

Anyone have the Trail boss? Im looking at getting one Pros cons? would you recommend something different?

I have a 2020 LT with the 5.3 and I love it. No issues and I use it for what it is made to do. Do lot of pulling and driving. Has 42k on it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2021 with the 6.2L. At around 8,000 miles the lifter issue that I guess is common with these engines hit mine. Took it to the dealership and they took care of it.

Other than that, it's been flawless. I love the truck. Tons of power and rides great.

Comment

I bought mine in June 2020. There were no trucks on the lots. I bought mine online sight unseen until the day we went to pick it up. Bought it for $40,000. Drove 3 hours to Baird, TX. When my wife and i saw the truck we could not believe it. We got way more than I could have ever imagined. I love it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Never owned a Chevy but these have had my attention lately.

Comment

I have one it isn't the loaded one and has no storage in it the center console doesn't even open but other than that can't complain

Comment

I would recommend anything but a Chevy

Comment

Besides the lift whats the difference between a regular LT and The Trail-boss LT

Comment

I ordered one a month ago. Custom LT 6.2l in Black with the midnight package. Have a lift and wheels/tires waiting. If I have by the end of the year I will be shocked. Oh and I have to order a new sticker still

Comment

Originally posted by El Vaquero View Post
                    I have a 2021 with the 6.2L. At around 8,000 miles the lifter issue that I guess is common with these engines hit mine. Took it to the dealership and they took care of it.

Other than that, it's been flawless. I love the truck. Tons of power and rides great.
                    What’s a lifter issue?

Comment

I came close to getting one but couldn't find it with the 6.2 engine and 10 spd tranny so I went with the High Country. Other than not being lifted it has all the off road stuff, 4wd, skid plate and off road trans mode. I love the luxury and fuel mileage has been better than I expected. I came off of a 2005 LT crewcab 1500 with the 5.3 that gave me 200k trouble free miles. I have 20K on the HC and not one complaint. I have disabled the DFM and auto start/stop and bumped the speed limiter up to 140, added factory cold air intake and Borla cat back exhaust. VVT is still active because the only way to get rid of it is to open the engine and change some internals. Maybe after warranty is out.

Comment

Do all of yall use it offroad that much or pull with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt_Dance View Post
                          What’s a lifter issue?
                          Has to do with failure of the variable valve timing which is a mechanism for better fuel economy. It regulates the height of the valve lift with lifter bleed off slowing the intake valve opening by hydraulic means. Too many parts IMO.
                          Last edited by muzzlebrake; 10-19-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

LT Trail Boss as well as the Custom, come with a 2" lift kit, Rancho Shocks tow kit, pretty much everything one would need on nice 4x4, without spending on the add-on after one buys a new truck
                            i have 2 buddys that bought a 2019 as well as a 2020, i been researching for 2 years, i would do the Custom just for the Leather seats..
                            but, I too could totally wrong on what I type, I am sure the non-Chevy guys will put it down... but thats the beauty of to each his own..

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                              LT Trail Boss as well as the Custom, come with a 2" lift kit, Rancho Shocks tow kit, pretty much everything one would need on nice 4x4, without spending on the add-on after one buys a new truck
                              i have 2 buddys that bought a 2019 as well as a 2020, i been researching for 2 years, i would do the Custom just for the Leather seats..
                              but, I too could totally wrong on what I type, I am sure the non-Chevy guys will put it down... but thats the beauty of to each his own..

The “custom” model is baseline model. Not with leather or other upgrades.

And the rancho shocks suck. I’m about to replace the suspension on mine with bilsteins all around. Did the same thing on my 18 Silverado and it made a world of difference in the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X