Thing to do in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing to do in Boston

The wife is taking me to Boston to sit on the Green Monster for my 40th birthday. We will be in town for 4 days and are looking for other things to do during the days. I have a plan, but was wondering some of the things yall have done up there. Something different than your usual vacation.

We are doing the following so far. Sunday night baseball vs. yankees, Monday is a 6-8 mile Run Tour of the city and historical sights followed by Red Sox vs. royals (sitting on the Green Monster for this game). Tuesday is a planned guided fishing trip and then a pub crawl in the evening. Wednesday is coming home.

Anything else yall recommend or have done?

North End for dinner. Mike's pastry for dessert.

Faneuil Hall is a cool place to wander around.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to the N End. Eat Italian and strike up conversation with old guys sitting outside the shops and restaurants. Repeat daily.
      Galleria Umberto for the best cheap lunch in town.

Comment

We took a trip to Martha's Vineyard and walked around for a day. It was awesome. Toured Harvard, just to check it out. Went to a Sox game, they tailgate pretty hard so get there early.
        Harpoon Brewery was cool also.

Comment

The Holocaust Memorial and I second the North end for Italian food and Mike's pastry shop for cannoli.

Comment

Are you military at all ?

Definitely do the Brewery tour and shuttle bus ride, and that old wooden ship, and Patriot tour thang.

If you are Military go to 4thCliff, tide is out in the pics but man fishin is great and Cabin #13 is mine. You can buy lobster around the corner and cook it up yourself. Cabin #13 is on the North River and Atlantic.

Eat and drink beer here

Also the Cape

Any of you GI’s on here, this is another Military secret like Key West where the Military has the best of the water areas. Lodging on the Cape and on the Vineyard too.

Make sure to go visit the Obama’s
            Last edited by Johnny44; 06-08-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Barking Crab

Comment

Tuned in as I'm headed there for a few days in the fall.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can do 'Cheers'. It's small but you can ask for Norm.

Comment

I think we ate at Legal Seafoods Harborside but it's been several years.

Comment

Since it is your birthday.... I recommend wrastling with your shirts off. Whether in Boston or not...

Comment

If you like Colonial-era history, hiking the Freedom Train is awesome! MIT also has some interesting architecture if you're into photography or just like the architecture.

Comment

Top of the Hub for great views and dessert, Tons of History, Great seafood everywhere, Harvard, Boston Public Library, Check the House of Blues for Live Music.
                          The Black Rose, a great bar with great sing a long live music!

Comment

Official Site for the Wahlburgers Burger Restaurant ยป Want a burger restaurant in Boston? Come in to Wahlburgers for gourmet burgers, drinks and fun!

Comment

If you really wanna get blasted try walking the Sam Adam's trail. A series of really old cool bars and drink in each one. Still havent finished it. Get a vat of chowdah from Legal Seafood and eat it til the world looks level. There is usually a midnight haunted tour of Salem Mass. That is pretty fun too

Comment

Working...
                              X