Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
    What does this mean?
    Most of the time it is pretty hard to simulate conditions you might experience in the mountains for the late season hunts while here in Texas. If you made additions to your sleep system (pads, insulation ) or shelter it is a good time to test your equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Do y'all know if manufactured home typically have a low point drain?

I’m not really sure.
      I live in a doublewide that we just had the water lines re-done. The original lines were between the insulation and subfloor. New lines are PEX and exposed. I do have a cinderblock skirting all the way around that should help, but i dont know how much. Contractor said we didnt have to wrap the pipes when he instsalled because he said PEX will stretch some and it doesn’t generally get cold enough.
      I did get under there and put the foam tube prior to this winter though.
      Should i block the ventilation grates to try and keep a little warmer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where is that crack rock again? Don’t quit your day job.

In all seriousness, ice is very spotty and be safe out there.

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Really? I think you need to convert to a now cast and see what is happening currently. Forecasted overnight lows busted horribly and the hi's today are doing the same. Many areas in n TX are at or below freezing along with continuing drizzle. Throw in the disturbances that are projected to come thru tonight tomorrow and friday and can have a very bad situation with temps in 20s. The treatment for roads work well to reduce the freezing point of water but at a point when temps get too low then no amount of pre treatment is going to do any good. There is plenty of crack rock to be had at the fort worth forecasting office if you need a hit

Comment

One slick road in Haslet, and my driveway was slick. Very little moisture around my neck of the woods, though.

Comment

Ok dumb question but when they say "drip your faucet" How fast of a drip is needed? Like just a drip every few seconds or a small steady stream? Seems like a drip every few seconds wouldn't make much of a difference at all but what do I know I aint no yankee and aint used to this crap.

By the way roads are already icy in Sutton county with multiple wrecks on I10.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              Ok dumb question but when they say "drip your faucet" How fast of a drip is needed? Like just a drip every few seconds or a small steady stream? Seems like a drip every few seconds wouldn't make much of a difference at all but what do I know I aint no yankee and aint used to this crap.

By the way roads are already icy in Sutton county with multiple wrecks on I10.
              Small steady stream on all your faucets

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Yall make sure to drain those back flow valves on your irrigation systems. My understanding is they are already in short supply and are going to be even more so and pricey after this weather system passes through.
                My assembly has a small leak and been meaning to replace the whole thing for awhile. Went and bought one yesterday because I'm sure there won't be any to be found for awhile after this.

Comment

Drove from Bridgeport to Euless this AM with no issues until I got to 820/35. Hit a few slick spots but nothing bad. Luckily I got through there before most of the dummies got out.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    Where is that crack rock again? Don’t quit your day job.

In all seriousness, ice is very spotty and be safe out there.

Dallas county is a complete mess and ice is not spotty. Sorry you lucked out. Sounds like business as usual for you. Have fun at work today. I'm stuck at home and cant even get out of the driveway.
                    Attached Files

Comment

We made a mad dash to the coast last night to winterize the RV. North winds are brutal right now with intermittent rain. Though it won’t be below freezing for long this go round we don’t want to roll the dice. Back home it is forecasted to be well below freezing for three days so when we get back I will winterize the other RV and make sure the faucets are dripping. Being in the electric industry I worry more about rolling blackouts just like 10 years ago. I was on shift that February 2nd and the only thing that was fun was putting my exwife in the dark right about the time she would be getting ready for work. If these northern generation facilities have not fixed their chiller lines, Texas will have rolling blackouts at best Monday night! I have about 1/4 cord left stacked on the back porch ready so we should be good but I worry about those who have not prepared.

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                        We made a mad dash to the coast last night to winterize the RV. North winds are brutal right now with intermittent rain. Though it won’t be below freezing for long this go round we don’t want to roll the dice. Back home it is forecasted to be well below freezing for three days so when we get back I will winterize the other RV and make sure the faucets are dripping. Being in the electric industry I worry more about rolling blackouts just like 10 years ago. I was on shift that February 2nd and the only thing that was fun was putting my exwife in the dark right about the time she would be getting ready for work. If these northern generation facilities have not fixed their chiller lines, Texas will have rolling blackouts at best Monday night! I have about 1/4 cord left stacked on the back porch ready so we should be good but I worry about those who have not prepared.

Micheal
                        Thank God for natural gas back up generators! Stay safe Brother!

Comment

Lemme know how 35 in FW is treating you. Complete shutdown. I'm a mile from there and my roads are clear. Yall be careful

Comment

Ill send out some reports, drove in from Lewisville to Irving on 161 hwy, smooth sailing and roads are wet. Texdot is doing a killer job, saw multiple trucks.

Have crews headed out all over Dallas this morning and night crews got in at 3am, think this one will be ok but come Monday, thats the one I'm worried about.

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                            Dallas county is a complete mess and ice is not spotty. Sorry you lucked out. Sounds like business as usual for you. Have fun at work today. I'm stuck at home and cant even get out of the driveway.

Comment

Now would be a great time to test to see if these flakes are really against fossil fuels. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                                Chance for some of you aspiring backpack hunters to tune your sleep systems.
                                I plan on trying out the new quilt if it gets below 30

Comment

Working...
                                X