No announcement yet.

Rodeo Houston officially cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope they can get things worked out to have the shows. San Antonio is still saying they are a "go", but lots of stuff can happen between now and then. I know lots of families spend A LOT of time, effort, and money getting ready for these shows. Hope they can pull em off.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
      SA has been getting pressure from the judge but they released a statement saying they’re not cancelling

Tickets have been paid for and distributed.
      I hope not but I wouldn't hold my breath

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        I hope that is true Mike. That isn't what they just said on the radio but they could have been mistaken.
        Email I got today from them bud.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Good deal. Glad to hear that it's still happening.

Comment

SH county

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              If it was a Rap festival, they'd be all in.

I do believe you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Complete Fing bullchit....

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                  but if the vaccine works....why

Between that and the highly effective masks we should be back to normal already.....

Comment

I bet they won't hesitate to make up for that loss of revenue in the forms of patrol cuts, closing fire stations, etc. F them. Every last one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      This is correct.

This news has been floating around for a couple weeks. Today its official

Comment

So, Fort Worth cancelled before the new year, Houston has now cancelled. San Antonio will most certainly cancel, they cannot be the black sheep that don't follow suit! We all want stuff to get back to normal....I'm really afraid that this is normal now.

Comment

We have season tickets in SA and from what i have read, the county and city wanted to pull it but the rodeo committee told them they would not cancel it. As I understand it, the season ticket holders are the only people allowed to go to the shows. If the ticket holders forgo them this year, they will be sold to the public. We let ours go just because it is going to be a dumpster fire anyway but seems the committee is moving forward unless the city steps in to pull permits or some other bureaucratic maneuver.

Comment

Some of these bigger cities don't deserve the stockshow part of it all like Houston, Ft. Worth, etc... I remember when Houston was in the surrounding counties, then the top animals and remaining sale exhibitors went to Houston for the sale. As far as San Antonio, at least the powers at be have some sort of spines in them. I'm glad we are done and I feel for the families that have to worry about if there will be a show for them to go to. Some of the best people I've met have a stockshow back ground, its like a kid that hunts, they don't have the time or money to get into trouble.

Comment

I bet after this year, the Rodeo moves out of Houston. They should have left after last year, but I think gave the city a shot to make it right. Lot's of better places north and west of Houston to have the rodeo that are still only an hour or so drive for most.

I am happy to hear the livestock competition will go on. Also glad that the thugs won't have a month to congregate in one area.

Comment

It is sad for all the Rodeo Athletes

Comment

Working...
                                X