The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
    Does he compare this scope to the Hogster or just the original Core?

Doesn’t do a compare, just an overall review of the scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey fellas, sorry I haven’t been around, just been absolutely swamped in the office and we were without internet in our office for the first 3 days of the week due to the snow storm, so it’s been a wild week. Just a FYI if you are looking to buy or back order or have pre-purchase advice always call or email us. It’s the quickest way to get info and we’re glad to help. Phone number is 877-350-1818 and you can email via the Contact Us form on the website. https://outdoorlegacygear.com

I only have a sec and I’ll be glad to come back later and answer any other questions that y’all might have. As for the Thermion XM30 we released our full podcast review of it today. I’ll link to that below. This scope doesn’t need to be compared to the Hogster 25, Hogster 35 or the soon to come AGM Rattlers (y’all are going to like them!) nor does it need to be compared the Super Hogster. Here is why. The XM30 is a 3.5x and a fixed focus. It can’t be fairly compared to the 3x Super Hogster because it’s focus-able. They are different classes of thermal and Pulsar has no intentions of competing with the Super Hogster with this release. Apples and oranges. The Super Hogster competes with the Thermion XQ38 for $3,299. Listen to Ep137 of The Late Night Vision Show for that.) The Hogster 25 is 1.4x and the Hogster 35 is 2x. Those have a totally different usage than a XM30 at 3.5x. Just because two optics are a similar price doesn’t mean they can me fairly compared. A shoved and a rake are both garden tools and cost about the same amount but you need the right tool for the job. Same thing here. I know that sounds funny but it’s true!The worst mistake people make when buying thermal is buying because it fits their price range and they like the brand, features, size or whatever reasons they come up with. What you NEED to know is if the scope magnification and image quality fit YOUR specific needs and your budget. But I digress.ha!

So with all that said, the Thermion XM30 is a unique animal because no other quality thermal scope under $3800 has a 3.5x base mag. As our review said, it’s awesome for guys needing the higher magnification and yes, you give up image quality by choosing the XM30 over a Hogster or Rattler but you gain magnification to make longer shots easier than you would with the low magnification scopes just mentioned.

I hope that sheds a little light on the situation for now. This is a great entry level thermal with a higher base magnification.

Also, we had a very large amount of these scopes in the warehouse before the release. Us and another good online dealer we’re given exclusive access to the scope before the release for testing and we both received a large early shipment. We believed we had enough scopes for at least 2 weeks of sales, so we recorded the podcast the night before the release and said the XM30 was in stock. We sold out in less than 5 hours on the day of the release and we had a podcast ready to drop today saying they were in stock. Ugh! Nothing we could do.

We are taking limited back orders and we’ll probably stop soon. We believe the wait times could get long on this optic pretty quickly.

Hope that helps a little!

Jason
      Outdoor Legacy

Comment

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Sorry I’m on mobile and cant get the YouTube video posted correctly right now.

Comment

Well said Jason!

Comment

Is there anyway yall can move from 45 minute infomercials to quick 5-10 minute run down videos? I don't have time to sit and watch 2 guys BS for an hour just to get some quick gritty details.

Do yall have any video of it. Do yall have any footage of pigs with it yet? Gotten any footage of shooting anything with it yet? Even just a video of the back yard? What are your realistic expectations for detection ranges? Do yall honestly think the fixed focal will be an issue? What range is the fixed focal optimized for? Etc...

Here is the podcast FYI if any one wants to watch it and give a synopsis.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_-Gb1319hE"]Ep. 141 | Pulsar Thermion XM30 *REVIEW* - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Is there anyway yall can move from 45 minute infomercials to quick 5-10 minute run down videos? I don't have time to sit and watch 2 guys BS for an hour just to get some quick gritty details.

Do yall have any video of it. Do yall have any footage of pigs with it yet? Gotten any footage of shooting anything with it yet? Even just a video of the back yard? What are your realistic expectations for detection ranges? Do yall honestly think the fixed focal will be an issue? What range is the fixed focal optimized for? Etc...

Ep. 141 | Pulsar Thermion XM30 *REVIEW* - YouTube

If you can take the time to pick up the phone and call them, they can walk you through what you want to know and make a recommendation based on your needs. They aren’t high pressure salesmen.

Comment

Ep. 141 | Pulsar Thermion XM30 *REVIEW* - YouTube
                I like the guys, and with all due respect I agree with this 100%

Just a good, solid, unbiased review without all of the 2 men talking lol

Comment

I don't have time to sit and watch 2 guys BS for an hour just to get some quick gritty details.
                  Dude you live in the armpit of Texas. Just put that chit on in the car while you're driving down the road and give it a listen.

Comment

I received the xm30 today just need to get off work so I can check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      Dude you live in the armpit of Texas. Just put that chit on in the car while you're driving down the road and give it a listen.
                      Dude I live 10 minutes from my office, and dude I just don't want to listen to a couple dudes BS for 45 minutes of my life ever. I don't do podcasts. Short sweet to the point that is all that is necessary for a scope review. 15 minutes tops and even that is getting long. I would venture a bet that the first 10 minutes don't even have any decent content, literally just them talking about nothing.

No offense to anyone and I am sure there is good content buried in the middle somewhere and I appreciate the feed back on here from the guys but these 45 minute reviews are ridiculous.
                      Last edited by westtexducks; 01-14-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Thoughts on the specs for the BTS 50? My budget is $3k and saw these were just released

Comment

Dude I live 10 minutes from my office, and dude I just don't want to listen to a couple dudes BS for 45 minutes of my life ever. I don't do podcasts. Short sweet to the point that is all that is necessary for a scope review. 15 minutes tops and even that is getting long. I would venture a bet that the first 10 minutes don't even have any decent content, literally just them talking about nothing.

No offense to anyone and I am sure there is good content buried in the middle somewhere and I appreciate the feed back on here from the guys but these 45 minute reviews are ridiculous.
                          I agree, two guys talking for 45 minutes does nothing for me. A lot of men are Visual, at least put some actual footage of how it shows Animals in the dark and in the field, play around with the settings and different angles and distances to keep the brain activities flowing, otherwise it's redundant and boring in my opinion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                            I agree, two guys talking for 45 minutes does nothing for me. A lot of men are Visual, at least put some actual footage of how it shows Animals in the dark and in the field, play around with the settings and different angles and distances to keep the brain activities flowing, otherwise it's redundant and boring in my opinion as well.

Hans typically does a review like this on his YouTube channel. Normally 10-15 minutes long. It should be out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                              https://www.burrisoptics.com/thermal...mal-riflescope

Thoughts on the specs for the BTS 50? My budget is $3k and saw these were just released
                              My thoughts are stick with the big name brands who have been doing this. Look at the new XM30. Pulsar is hands down the best in the $2300-4000 range IMO

Buy the best you can squeeze out of your budget. You won't regret it

Comment

Got the new xm30 mounted today. Gonna sight her in tomorrow and maybe hunt tomorrow night

Comment

Working...
                                X