Denied fraud claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied fraud claim

We were victims of fraud and a certain bank is denying the claim. Long story short someone used my card via Apple Pay, which we don’t even use/have. Bank said they couldn’t find any fraud since there were no other/new devices/breaches found. They did say a Apple Pay account was activated a few days prior to the fraudulent transaction. Red flag 101 to any investigation, but they didn’t seem to care.

I appealed it, but found they took the money back out of my account. Anyone had this happen before, and anything else we can do besides a CFPB complaint? It was a Dallas offense so a computer report was generated, so not much luck on that end.

Keep fighting the bank. Same thing happened to me and PayPal. Bank ended up fixing it before PayPal shocking I know...

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Find another bank also. At least threaten it. Maybe they will change their stance.

Comment

Once you get this sorted get a credit card and use it. 99% of us swipe a card these days. Swipe the one that’s someone else’s money you pay back. It makes a big difference when these things happen

Comment

Banks are worthless when it comes to fraud. I’ve dealt with them before. Dealing directly with the 3rd party got a LOT quicker progress. Ended up putting the guy behind bars for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
            We were victims of fraud and a certain bank is denying the claim. Long story short someone used my card via Apple Pay, which we don’t even use/have. Bank said they couldn’t find any fraud since there were no other/new devices/breaches found. They did say a Apple Pay account was activated a few days prior to the fraudulent transaction. Red flag 101 to any investigation, but they didn’t seem to care.

I appealed it, but found they took the money back out of my account. Anyone had this happen before, and anything else we can do besides a CFPB complaint? It was a Dallas offense so a computer report was generated, so not much luck on that end.
            If it is in Dallas they will not do a thing about it unless they happen to find someone with ACTUAL fraudulent material on them.

I know this because of my identity theft case where There is security cam footage of the guy trying to buy jewelry with a fake ID and card. Dallas PD told me there was no fraud because the store stopped it from happening.

I told them I'm going to start stealing cars in Dallas and when I get stopped just walk away because there was no theft.

Comment

Must be BofA. Those scammers will rake you over the coals.

Comment

Probably Wells Fargo.
                Same thing. 3 phone calls and transfers, put on hold. They said that it never happened and there was no record of it. I called another number and woman said that someone had gone in and removed it but she could still see it. So the first person, I guess they were lying or incompetent. Makes you feel pretty confident in them. I have had my account hacked before and they accused me of leaving my debit card laying around and took 10 days to replace my stolen money that they freely gave the crooks in less than 1 second.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Must be BofA. Those scammers will rake you over the coals.
                  My BOA card got charged 4500 bucks at a Verizon store in Florida. This happened 3 days before I was to write a down payment check on some property.

I got a text alert, replied deny and the phone rang. It was BOA. All within minutes. They said it could be 2 weeks before I could get money back. I explained my situation. Had a credit it two days and bought the property.

One other claim from lowes online (under 25) and got same treatment

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We use Chase for everything. They have been outstanding when we have had identity theft issues.

Also, carry a credit card not a debit card. Unless the laws have changed credit card companies can only hold you responsible for a max of $50.00 in fraudulent charges as long long as you are acting responsibly. Someone better informed than me might chime in on that

Comment

PayPal just denied a transaction that I had filed over non shipment of goods.???? Had to go to the cc company,who now want to charge me a handling fee??.Screw both of them,we are talking chump change,39 dollars but it's a principle thing.These thieves,( the banks and paypal)are not your friend and the financial industry is mainly a scam propped up by the gov.Someone needs to come up with a better way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                        Probably Wells Fargo.
                        Same thing. 3 phone calls and transfers, put on hold. They said that it never happened and there was no record of it. I called another number and woman said that someone had gone in and removed it but she could still see it. So the first person, I guess they were lying or incompetent. Makes you feel pretty confident in them. I have had my account hacked before and they accused me of leaving my debit card laying around and took 10 days to replace my stolen money that they freely gave the crooks in less than 1 second.
                        My guess also. A friends daughter got hosed for $800 by them.

Comment

I was reading my bank statement and found 20 car wash charges. Called Chase and they handled it.

Comment

Well, this is Chase. Their thought process is since someone purported themselves as me (had info loaded) on Apple Pay then it must of been me. PIZZ poor investigation and was even told during the initial card cancellation this is a huge problem these days with Apple Pay. Crooks are loading the Apple Pay app with your info and as soon as a new card is issued, it populates Apple Pay.

However, the fraud Department believed I bought $700 worth of clothing at some store I've never heard of. This is frustrating to no end.

Comment

NEVER use a debit card to make purchases.

Comment

Working...
                              X