Pucking Figs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pucking Figs!

They are wearing me out. One feeder in particular is getting hammered. Its always leaning sideways. Pulled cards and figured out who the culprit is.

Wish I could build a pen around it, but it's just not feasible due to the remoteness of the feeder and no roads leading to it. Guess I'll just hope for an opportunity with my bow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's a big boy

Comment

dang! Christmas ham there.

Comment

At least you don’t have this problem......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you get him, Solocam

Jake, you're gonna need a full auto for them lol

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post

At least you don’t have this problem......

I'd be sittin with a 12 gauge and 00 Buckshot.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
              Hope you get him, Solocam

Jake, you're gonna need a full auto for them lol

I’ve been thinking tannerite would be best

Comment

I thought this thread was about harvesting figs.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  They are wearing me out. One feeder in particular is getting hammered. Its always leaning sideways. Pulled cards and figured out who the culprit is.

Wish I could build a pen around it, but it's just not feasible due to the remoteness of the feeder and no roads leading to it. Guess I'll just hope for an opportunity with my bow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Get rid of the tripod feeders and buy some stand and fill and at least you don’t have to worry about the feeders or fencing, you will likely never get rid of all the pigs but this will eliminate the stress over the feeder not to mention it’s just better. I swapped years ago and so much less stress and I’ll never get rid of all the pigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I thought this was gonna be a thread about making fig preserves.

Comment

I'll come shoot some if needed.

Comment

Oh dang. Looks like you have been feeding them good. lol

If you can get a 4 wheeler to it you should be able get the panels to it. Does anyone around you have a small trailer they hook up to a 4 wheeler or sXs? Can always rig up a dolly setup for the ends, like some log haulers.?. Even if it took a couple extra trips.

Just some thoughts while having my coffee.

J

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                          I’ve been thinking tannerite would be best

Comment

Best recipe I ever used...

Directions

Instructions Checklist
                            • Step 1 Dissolve the baking soda in about 2 quarts of cool water, and immerse the figs in the treated water in a large bowl. Gently stir to wash the figs, then drain off the water and rinse the figs thoroughly with fresh cool water. Place the figs into a large pot. Add 1 cup water, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Very gently stir the mixture to dissolve the sugar, keeping the figs intact as much as possible.

• Step 2 Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the figs are golden brown and coated in syrup, about 1 hour. Stir gently a couple of times to keep the figs from burning onto the bottom of the pot. Add a pinch of salt, if desired, to tame the sweetness.

• Step 3 Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the figs into the hot, sterilized jars and top off with syrup, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.

• Step 4 Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.

• Step 5 Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area, and wait at least 2 days before opening.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                              Oh dang. Looks like you have been feeding them good. lol

If you can get a 4 wheeler to it you should be able get the panels to it. Does anyone around you have a small trailer they hook up to a 4 wheeler or sXs? Can always rig up a dolly setup for the ends, like some log haulers.?. Even if it took a couple extra trips.

Just some thoughts while having my coffee.

J
                              I cant even access it by 4 wheeler. There is a big, washed out creek that prevents any access to the spot. I've had to hike everything in to this point. Huge PITA, but its produced the last two years, including my best buck to date.

I actually like the stand and fill feeder idea. Dont know why I havent thought of that yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X