Need mechanic Corpus/Victoria rebuild front axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The front diff is locked up on my '02 F250 7.3. I either need a rebuilt front axle OR swap out from a junk yard. I'm looking for a reputable guy, prefer a side job vs shop, but open to suggestions. I can easily get it to anywhere within 60 miles of Sinton, Texas, and even trust it making it further as front drive shaft has been removed and it drives fine otherwise but I'd prefer to not drive it to Houston etc unless needed.

Roks diesel service in Victoria can help ya out . Good guys in that shop .

With decades of experience behind us, you can feel confident knowing your truck is in qualified hands. Call ROKS Diesel for all of your diesel truck needs!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        Roks diesel service in Victoria can help ya out . Good guys in that shop .

https://roksdiesel.com/
        Thanks- I'll look them up. I'd like to get it somewhere in May.

Comment

Wamsley Performance is your one-stop shop for Diesel Maintenance, Repair, Performance Builds and E-commerce Diesel Parts and Products. Light, medium & heavy duty diesel repair : Shop Online @ WamsleyPerformance.Shop

I hear good things about these guys too . I think his shop is in Victoria now .

Comment

If it is locked up, you are most likely going to need another housing. So you might as well start looking for another front axle.

I would research which axle you have, you will need to know the gear ratio. I think in 2002, the only gear ratios available for the F250s and F350s with a 7.3 were 3.55 and 3.73. The gasoline trucks that year, could get 3.55s, 3.73s and 4.30s. Up to 2001, you could get 4.10s in the 7.3s. I think you could get 4.10s again in 2003 and afterwards. I know when I was working in the dealers back then, the F250s came with Dana 50s, which were weak. They have very small diameter shaft on the pinion gear. The F350s have Dana 60s, which are known for being pretty dang strong. So I made it a point to order a F350 for that one reason. I used to build manual transmissions, then front and rear axles in the dealers. I saw multiple Dana 50 front axles that the pinion shaft was sheared, after the owner got stuck.

I have been told some time after 2002, that Ford started putting the Dana 60 in the F250s, but I have never confirmed that. I left Ford in 2002.

You can swap a Dana 60 into your truck very easily, the only thing that may need to be changed is the front U-joint or front end of the front driveshaft. But I don't think so, I think the F250s and F350s used the same front U-joint.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X