No announcement yet.

Previous lifetime license increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t remember the exact year, but I know I bought mine like 2 days before it increased to $1800. Haven’t made up the money yet, but should by the time I’m 36 or so which will be nice for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our CCA chapter raffled one off a number of years ago. I had a friend of mine win it and he gave it to his one year old son.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Assuming zero return on your money.

$1,000 at 6.8% = $68 so you keep your 1k
        $1,800 at 4% = $72 so you pay $68 and keep your 1k and have $4 left over.

Just saying.

But I bought the lifetime also before it jumped up to $1,800
        But also assuming 0% increase in license fees. I remember paying less than $10/license.

Comment

One of the perks of being a 90% disabled vet. Mine are free.

Comment

It's value really shines if you have any inkling of moving out of state. I bought my lifetime hunting in 2007 the week I moved to North Dakota when it cost $600. It's allowed me to hunt every year since when I otherwise would have balked at the nonresident license cost.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
              Our CCA chapter raffled one off a number of years ago. I had a friend of mine win it and he gave it to his one year old son.
              Really?

I tried to buy a super combo for my son when he was 5 or 6 right at the increase hit and TPWD told me I couldnt buy one cause he wasnt 17 and didnt 'need' a fishing license.

Comment

My wife bought me one for my 30th birthday in 2010. It was still $1,000 then. My dad kicks himself in the butt for not buying it for me when it was $500.

Comment

I reeeaally kick myself in the *** for not getting my OK lifetime license. Lived there all my life until moving to TX in 1998. Been hunting there since then to tune of two tags (rifle and bow) at a $320 per tag pop per year. It was only $1000 or so for a combo when I could have got it before I moved. Ughhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Really?

I tried to buy a super combo for my son when he was 5 or 6 right at the increase hit and TPWD told me I couldnt buy one cause he wasnt 17 and didnt 'need' a fishing license.
                    I think my son was about 10 years old when I bought his.

Comment

Right before the increase to 1800 my wife and I were taking an anniversary trip with our then 6 month old. I had saved up and was planning to stop at TX Parks and wildlife headquarters and get my license. As we were pulling in the drive I looked at my wife and said I’ll kick myself forever if I don’t get one for my 6 month as well. I certainly expected an argument but nope. She just said ok! I couldn’t believe it. Now I’m grateful every year I got it for him. His will certainly pay for itself!

Comment

Don’t forget a senior only pays $32 for a super combo so it takes a few more years.

Comment

Working...
                        X