Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiner beer, or any dark beer.

Comment

I prefer evaporated milk and eggs for my egg wash for chicken fried. And evaporated milk makes a dang fine gravy too. I keep a pretty good supply on hand which has come in handy during this little winter storm thing we are experiencing. We have had biscuits and sausage gravy and chicken fried backstrap with gravy and all of that was made with evaporated milk.

Your local grocer may have some. You never know.

Comment

Allegro

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
          Shiner beer, or any dark beer.
          I worked in Shiner, Tx for several summers in the 80s, have family that live in the area, and NO ONE I KNEW FROM THERE actually drank Shiner beer I know for a fact there was a slaughter house a couple hundred yards west of the brewery and although I realize they don't use the water from the creek to make the beer anymore, maybe in the 1800s, both places shared the same creek I'm not sure if the slaughter house is still in operation as my family now uses one in Halletsville.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Maybe if you had a little Italian dressing.
            Wishbone has a Jalapeno Italian dressing that I use as a marinade for chicken. I'm sure it could be used on deer meat as well.

I also use fajita seasoning mixed in L.Perrin's Worschestshire (sp?) w/a pinch of cayenne pepper and black cracked pepper (1tbsp per deer steak)

But if I'm going to chicken fry the deer steaks, it's egg, milk, & flour. And like was mentioned.....if that milk is bad, you'll know it when you stick your nose to the jug.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
              I worked in Shiner, Tx for several summers in the 80s, have family that live in the area, and NO ONE I KNEW FROM THERE actually drank Shiner beer I know for a fact there was a slaughter house a couple hundred yards west of the brewery and although I realize they don't use the water from the creek to make the beer anymore, maybe in the 1800s, both places shared the same creek I'm not sure if the slaughter house is still in operation as my family now uses one in Halletsville.
              Don’t change my opinion of it, still the best beer in Texas.

Comment

Fiesta steak seasoning and cooked on the grill. Don’t have to cook very long. It’s very easy to over cook.
                I know this is not a marinade, but this is my favorite way to cook them.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  Don’t change my opinion of it, still the best beer in Texas.
                  When the people that make it, don't drink it, just saying ...... Kinda like a chef that won't eat his own food.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                    When the people that make it, don't drink it, just saying ...... Kinda like a chef that won't eat his own food.
                    I don’t base what I like or dislike on other peoples opinions. I eat chorizo, hot dogs and calf fries. I’m not too worried about the water my beer is brewed with.

Comment

Egg wash!

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                      Egg wash !
                      This right here! seasoned flower then egg wash then panko. We like to let the steaks sit in the fridge after that for about 15 minutes. Then the CFS's come out very crunchy!

Comment

Working...
                      X