What is this? Any ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this? Any ideas??

I found this in the road in my neighborhood this am. There are 12 total. 11 folded flat and stored inside one. They are different colors with clear tops. Each has its own barcode and number. They are made out of thick tarp like material.

I’m thinking:
    - usps
    - fedex
    - Amazon
    - meals on wheels

Is there anyone that knows for certain what they are for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bet they fell off/ left by amazon truck

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      I found this in the road in my neighborhood this am. There are 12 total. 11 folded flat and stored inside one. They are different colors with clear tops. Each has its own barcode and number. They are made out of thick tarp like material.

I’m thinking:
      - usps
      - fedex
      - Amazon
      - meals on wheels

Is there anyone that knows for certain what they are for?

Amazon, ive done control work at there facilities and seen them there

Comment

Ballot totes! Ballots are probably in a nearby ditch. LOL

Comment

Did you try scanning the codes?

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
            Did you try scanning the codes?

Yeah I scanned. Nothing comes up

Comment

Darn handy looking totes.

Comment

Originally posted by duke-86 View Post
                Amazon, ive done control work at there facilities and seen them there
                Good deal. Hopefully the OP can get them returned to the driver.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

These look like "pull packs" used in fulfillment centers (i.e., warehouse distribution centers). Based on where you came across them, most likely Amazon. As orders for products come in to the fulfillment/distribution centers, they are pulled, picked, ticketed, then sorted by destination, much like the USPS "flat trays" used to sort...to sort...um...oh, what do they call the kind of mail that is broadly distributed? Typically addressed to Resident? Often used as sales or fundraising solicitations? Can't be larger than, like, 6 1/4" x 4 5/8"? Can have no more than three folds, etc.? Not Fourth Class mail but something else. You know, that kind of mail. ((Seems like I'm always bumping into clouds lately. Very frustrating.))

Anyway, that's what I think they are.
                  Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 04-27-2021, 10:56 AM. Reason: For clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    These look like "pull packs" used in fulfillment centers (i.e., warehouse distribution centers). Based on where you came across them, most likely Amazon. As orders for products come in to the fulfillment/distribution centers, they are pulled, picked, ticketed, then sorted by destination, much like the USPS "flat trays" used to sort...to sort...um...oh, what do they call the kind of mail that is broadly distributed? Typically addressed to Resident? Often used as sales or fundraising solicitations? Can't be larger than, like, 6 1/4" x 4 5/8"? Can have no more than three folds, etc.? Not Fourth Class mail but something else. You know, that kind of mail. ((Seems like I'm always bumping into clouds lately. Very frustrating.))

Anyway, that's what I think they are.
                    That sounds like a loooong way to say JUNK MAIL.

Comment

The people that do grocery home delivery use those.

Comment

I’d take a couple off your hands if you decide you don’t need a dozen of them

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Ballot totes! Ballots are probably in a nearby ditch. LOL
                          HAHAAA

yes those are amazon sorting totes. I watched 9 trucks load and unload in a parking lot the other day

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Good deal. Hopefully the OP can get them returned to the driver.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I spoke to Amazon this morning. They are supposed to be sending a driver to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              I spoke to Amazon this morning. They are supposed to be sending a driver to get them.

That’s great. Glad you found out who they belonged to

Comment

Working...
                              X