strokes a tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strokes a tip

if anyone you know has had a stroke have them cross and uncross their fingers and toes arms legs make it a routine sounds silly but it will help, another thing to help balance, in my case i have 2 telephone poles 40 feet apart with a cable stretched tight 10 feet high then put a safety harness on them with a lead short enough they cant hit the ground it will be tough but lots of core strength will come from pulling themselves back up no im not a dr. but i can tell you if they are determined to walk n run again it may help them it was better than a walker. last thing was silly as it sounds hangman the game its sharpens your mind skills memory makes your mind work trust me folks if you know anyone that needs to talk after they had a stroke let me know i will get to them some how, and make sure their friends talk to them the same treat them the same,at 1st its nice being treated nicely but then after awhile you want your buddy that called you a arsehole to call you a arsehole bla bla bla sorry for my ramblings just was thinking out loud again

I am glad to see you recovering well. Strokes can do things to you that you would never have thought of.

I know someone who had one at a very early age. Recovered significantly. But went to go place the piano a few years later, and said it was the strangest sensation. Almost like relearning it, but more the brain trying to relearn how to control it.

Comment

Glad you are doing well arsehole

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          if anyone you know has had a stroke have them cross and uncross their fingers and toes arms legs make it a routine sounds silly but it will help, another thing to help balance, in my case i have 2 telephone poles 40 feet apart with a cable stretched tight 10 feet high then put a safety harness on them with a lead short enough they cant hit the ground it will be tough but lots of core strength will come from pulling themselves back up no im not a dr. but i can tell you if they are determined to walk n run again it may help them it was better than a walker. last thing was silly as it sounds hangman the game its sharpens your mind skills memory makes your mind work trust me folks if you know anyone that needs to talk after they had a stroke let me know i will get to them some how, and make sure their friends talk to them the same treat them the same,at 1st its nice being treated nicely but then after awhile you want your buddy that called you a arsehole to call you a arsehole bla bla bla sorry for my ramblings just was thinking out loud again
          You have stroke victims walking a 40' tightrope 10' off the ground? The safety harness/tether is what, 6' long so they don't hit the ground? Then, you make them pull themselves back up to walk the tightrope? Dang! Do you have a whip that you use with them?

Comment

My father in law had a really bad stroke. He had complete amnesia. He couldn't walk, talk, eat, remember anybody, what happened, etc. He remembered who his daughter was & who I was after about 48hrs. (but still didn't know who his wife was). He was talking again, & mostly eating on his own, w/in a week. Learned how to walk again, but w/a cane.
            I'd say he was about 80% back to normal after a few months. Truly amazing. Keep fighter Tiger. I know you've had a tough go but you're clearly making massive leaps in progress! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Tiger, I did not mean to make light of a stroke. I just read your post incorrectly. Sorry for your stroke and hope you are improving.

Comment

burnadell i laughed that was funny,there are lots of funny things because of the stroke not so funny at the time but funny for sure... i woke up in a room no one around i went to get out of bed and i couldnt i was sort of ambidextrous i was left handed but in school teachers stopped me from writing left handed i still kicked left footed and had a smoking left hook so my mma year was classicany how most everything i done was left handed still so i was trying to get out of bed and i couldnt my left arm was gonei was laying there freaking the out i started screaming bloody murder,police officers, drs, nurses came running to my rescue i cominced to calling drs every foul name i could muster up and it all came out in some foriegn langauge i never heard but i knew what i was trying to say then my wife entered came to my bed said calm down your ok she asked what was wrong i tried telling her they cut off my arm my arm is gone why did they take my arm after a minute she translated my gargling into what i was trying to say she calmly walked to the other side other side of the bed asking people to excuse her as they were gathered around my bedside she came to my side looked at me and smiled, reached down pulled the sheet back lifted my arm said heres your fing arm now shut the hell up...then 1 time she walked in on a lil mexican girl giving me a bath but thats another story for another time

Comment

burnadell i laughed that was funny,there are lots of funny things because of the stroke not so funny at the time but funny for sure... i woke up in a room no one around i went to get out of bed and i couldnt i was sort of ambidextrous i was left handed but in school teachers stopped me from writing left handed i still kicked left footed and had a smoking left hook so my mma year was classicany how most everything i done was left handed still so i was trying to get out of bed and i couldnt my left arm was gonei was laying there freaking the out i started screaming bloody murder,police officers, drs, nurses came running to my rescue i cominced to calling drs every foul name i could muster up and it all came out in some foriegn langauge i never heard but i knew what i was trying to say then my wife entered came to my bed said calm down your ok she asked what was wrong i tried telling her they cut off my arm my arm is gone why did they take my arm after a minute she translated my gargling into what i was trying to say she calmly walked to the other side other side of the bed asking people to excuse her as they were gathered around my bedside she came to my side looked at me and smiled, reached down pulled the sheet back lifted my arm said heres your fing arm now shut the hell up...then 1 time she walked in on a lil mexican girl giving me a bath but thats another story for another time

It's great that you can find humor in your trauma. I want to hear the story of the Mexican girl giving you a bath.

Comment

It’s time.

Comment

i told her i was needing a bath and they sent in this lil brown girl i didnt ask for her i just needed a bath her eyes were cutting thru me like super man eyes she told my lil senorita to leave the room.she got up and left told if she ever seen another woman bathing me necked the stroke was going to be the least of my problems

Comment

i told her i was needing a bath and they sent in this lil brown girl i didnt ask for her i just needed a bath her eyes were cutting thru me like super man eyes she told my lil senorita to leave the room.she got up and left told if she ever seen another woman bathing me necked the stroke was going to be the least of my problems

Comment

Well, okay Tiger!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X