Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    You should be embarrassed at 95% of your posts, yet here we are.
    That is funny as all get out����
    Last edited by crowmagnum; 05-05-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      We moved a lot when I was a kid and I never really remember being bullied except there was 2 attempts at it.

One, a girl known for being a bully and her instigator friend approached my brother, sister and I. The girl lived in the same apartment complex. Her little friend pointed at me and said, "that one!"

My brother and sister backed up and I said "what?" I didn't realize she was the one everyone said was a bully. She said to me that I shot the middle finger at her.

Except what I heard was I shot her middle finger. I instantly thought of the BB guns we took out often and said, "I didn't shoot your middle finger! I'd never shoot anyone! Where were you when I shot your finger?"

Confused, she pointed at her apartment. I said, "no, that can't be right. I never ever shoot my BB guns at houses. I only shoot out in the woods. There's no way I shot you. Are you sure you have the right person?" (Can you tell I had no concern for her injury?? )

She looked at her sidekick confused as all get out. Then she slowly and partially raised her middle finger at me trying to explain what she meant. I said, "Oh no! I would never do that either! Surely you have us confused with someone else! We don't even know you!"

She turned to her friend and said maybe and they left. When I didn't know is my brother was behind me with a baseball bat over his shoulder. We were hitting the ball with the bat.
      Behind every great woman...

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I would kinda be disappointed in my son if thats all he could come up with to call someone in 6th grade. I'd probably even ground him.

wasn't gonna say it but my thought went there too..

Comment

Because it’s dishonest and makes a bigger issue out of something that already gets blown out of proportion. Quit being a bully

Comment

I hope all these posters teaching their kids to punch bullies are taking a lot of time to teach them what a real bully is. You better believe the schools definition (and liberals) of a bully is far far less than what is deserving of a punch in the face.

Comment

Snowflake millennials raising snowflake kids. We settled it either behind the school, in the parking lot, or on the spot. But, that was some 60+ years agl.

Just the word "bullying" makes me want to throat punch someone.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I hope all these posters teaching their kids to punch bullies are taking a lot of time to teach them what a real bully is. You better believe the schools definition (and liberals) of a bully is far far less than what is deserving of a punch in the face.
                One of the more rational posts in the whole thread. The school my kids attends (pretty small town 4a school) from the 6th grade on up if you get in a legitimate fist to cuffs fight and deemed the aggressor your leaving the school in cuffs. It’s insane to me but fighting is not treated the same as it was even 10-15 years ago and 90% of the time it’s the “bully” that gets away free and clear. Standing up for yourself is beyond important and needs to happen. However being in the 6th-12th grade and getting charged with assault is not a good thing, crazy times.

Comment

Well.... I didnt see the answer i would have hoped. Tell em to get over it? I've hardly ever had anything said to me that was worth getting in a fight over. Especially cause even if I won a fight and felt wronged my dad was quick to point out ... who cares?... then whooped my butt lol.

Had a buddy that found himself being a baby daddy. Needed a job. I got him a job with my old framing/landscaping/etc boss. Day in day out he didnt like getting a ribbing on his work, or having jokes made. Told him to just get over it, just part of working with him. Hes still paying ya, what's it matter. Or listen and do better lol. He quit that job about 6 months later which lead into slow decline.

Comment

Originally posted by tpepper70 View Post
                    Growing up with the last name of Pepper, a head shorter than everyone else and not having the luxuries of other kids, I was picked on constantly. I grew up in the "don't start it but you better finish it" world of the 70's-80's and it seemed like all I did was fight. I got my butt kicked multiple times, but not always, and most of the time it was over with me just standing my ground and being willing to fight. There is a natural "pecking" order in all things of this world. Society doesn't let the pecking order play out anymore and we end up with what we have today. I now see my grand kids going through the mess we have and am thankful that my kids are considering home school. Good thread. God bless

Well said!

I had two guys try to bully me in Jr High. I had two weaknesses first I wore a wring that I took off before a fight and second when I got really ****** I cried. Neither of those punks ever pushed far enough for a fight but I never backed down. I still wish to this day I had weighed into both of them but I was raise that I could finish but not start....

Comment

Totally agree. My oldest son is 29 now. They were doing this when he was in Jr. High. In HS, the coach had boxing head gear and huge/fat boxing gloves. If guys had a prob or couldn't get along, put the gear on, circle around and "work" it out with him being the referee. If they refused, then either the prob was settled or they were kicked out of athletics. Yeah, that got shut down. Great idea that was working, but someone didn't like the fact kids were "fighting" and afraid they'd get hurt. Heck, you could get hurt worse walking. Schools need more of that.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Behind every great woman...
                        …… is a brother with a baseball bat. I grew up with three sisters. This scenario played out several times.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          2021, everyone is so soft and offended by EVERYTHING!

What a weak society we have become. And guess what:

PARENTS ARE TO BLAME!!!!
                          Been waiting on that for 41 posts. You are exactly right. Parents take no responsibility for their kids as well as not putting any on them. With no expectations, what are you gonna get ? My wife is a high school librarian and she sees it every day.

After I retired she asked if I wanted to drive a school bus. I just looked at her until she started laughing

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            …… is a brother with a baseball bat. I grew up with three sisters. This scenario played out several times.

Hah! So true.

Comment

“Good times make weak men, weak men make hard times, hard times make strong men, strong men make good times...”.
                              We are headed for the next phase in the cycle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bullying

I think the parents with that advice know exactly what bullying is and can relay that to their kids. Parents who are tired of the castrated, hand tied administration whose only power is to have an anti bullying program, and zero tolerance which is laughable and selectively enforced. Parents who are tired of children whose parents can’t even handle them and whose kids are the boss. So yes, my boys knew exactly what bullying was. And what isn’t.
                                I told mine to give them two warnings before you did anything and I would have their backs when the administration was busy clutching their pearls, aghast in the fact that their “anti bullying “ program was a f****** joke.
                                Luckily I was only at the school once. One of those famous 16 year old 8th graders who might as well have been anywhere but school
                                decided he wanted to bully my son.
                                Didn’t work out well. Ex wife has been in education for close to thirty years and there isn’t enough money for me to have that job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Last edited by Graysonhogs; 05-06-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X