2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    We cooked at the Festival. It was a great turnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I heard it was a good turnout. My friends won 1rst and 1rst people’s choice. Not bad for Lavaca county boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      They way they are talked about you would think they are a dinner bell. But Ive completely bombed on croakers many times. Liked mentioned above if there are no trout and red in the area you just soaking a fish. At least with live shrimp I can keep the guest entertained with croakers, sheep, black drum etc...
      So nothing hits Croker but Trout?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        Reds love them. I have caught sharks, hardheads, skipjacks & a few others on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post

Gaftop will eat them.

Comment

I think this is the same chic from Thursday but I am gonna have to investigate further.

Comment

How about spear fishing?

Comment

We had another boating accident with one fatality and one still missing. Supposedly a boat hit a post in the Diversion Channel area in Matagorda yesterday evening. I am not sure exactly where or if it was a piling or a log or what. Just that there were 5 people in the boat and 3 made it back, one was recovered dead and one is still missing. Send up a prayer and be careful folks. Bad stuff happens fast.

Also Snapper's in Matagorda burned to the ground night before last in the middle of the night. I'm sure some of you saw it on FB. Pretty sad, I feel really bad for the new owners.

Comment

Wow, new owners at snappers? That is sad.
                  Prayers up for the boaters and owners.

Comment

Snapper's changed hands a few months back. They were building it back up and seemed to be doing a pretty good job.

Comment

Camo G3 aluminum boat. My guess is they hit one of the pilings in Bragg's cut.

Comment

Very sad to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          Camo G3 aluminum boat. My guess is they hit one of the pilings in Bragg's cut.

Saw pics of the boat, certainly something vertical and above water line.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            For sure

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Pretty clear but I just wasn't certain of where it happened. Pics on FB pretty much confirm it was one of the markers through Braggs. I hate how they put those in there.

That little cut is super dangerous. Y'all be real careful through there, that west end of Braggs where it comes out in the DC scares the heck out of me. We are bound to see a bad collision there before it is over. Too many clueless boaters on the water nowdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                Pretty clear but I just wasn't certain of where it happened. Pics on FB pretty much confirm it was one of the markers through Braggs. I hate how they put those in there.

That little cut is super dangerous. Y'all be real careful through there, that west end of Braggs where it comes out in the DC scares the heck out of me. We are bound to see a bad collision there before it is over. Too many clueless boaters on the water nowdays.

Always scares me running through there. Lots of people are hauling butt through there and it’s got that curve to it. I’m assuming they came through there and went towards river bend and hit that pole. The way that little concrete wall juts out you have to go that direction anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X