River Floating Rec’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Floating Rec’s?

I’m going to take my daughter and 2 friends (all 18 years old) to float a river this summer. We floated the Comal in NB but that’s a short float. Where’s a good town to stay in to float the Guadalupe or another good river around that area?
    Thanks!

drive a bit further at go to frio.

But, places to stay are slim. We tried to find 2 RV spots a month ago and found nothing open till september

Comment

Stay around canyon lake and float the horse shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        Stay around canyon lake and float the horse shoe.
        this!

Comment

The Frio, Guadalupe, and San Marcos rivers

Frio- less crowded than other rivers but flow a lot of times is low requiring dragging and there isn't much in the way of options of places to stay

Guadalupe- There's a ton of places to stay in Sattler and Canyon City with a ton of shuttles and tube companies. Flow is always high enough to float without dragging. The Horseshoe is a short float, Id suggest getting in there but getting out further on down river for a longer float.

San Marcos- been twice and that was enough for me.

Comment

I like the frio!

Comment

Get them to drop you off at the dam and float all of the way around the Horseshoe. the way the rive is flowing these days, it will take 6-8 hours.

Comment

The area around the horseshoe is cool and has a lot of stuff but down river is a much better float.

Lone Star Float House is the spot. Hanging out there is almost better than floating.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like Canyon Lake area will serve us nicely. Besides doing the "long float" (3-6hrs) of the horseshoe, is there other places to float or things to do for fun?
                  Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    Looks like Canyon Lake area will serve us nicely. Besides doing the "long float" (3-6hrs) of the horseshoe, is there other places to float or things to do for fun?
                    Thanks for the input!
                    Berghiem bridge on 3155 float trip
                    Or check on floating in a kayak from sisterdale bridge to hwy 474
                    And fish for bass and warmouth

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

Tagged. Would really like a float around Vanderpool. I have a place to stay.

Comment

Working...
                        X