Grass burr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass burr

So for our 9 acre place -here’s what I’ve done. After putting down prowl h20 pre emergent in January - then weed killing earlier this month. Put Fertilizer out 2 weeks ago. Will do another soil sample later on again.
    Noticed this popping up.
    I’ve gotten mixed answers on it. Wants some opinions from the green screen.
    If this is a sticker burr I’m screwed! They’re every where. No clue how they have come in. Not by our tires atleast.
    Our old place we sold 3 years ago was covered and I lost control on them.
    Bought our place last year and you could roll around in the pasture, not a burr one.
    Done everything I can to prevent them so far so the kids don’t have to worry about.

Is this the start of a burr?? They’re very soft right now, worried when the dry up
    Attached Files

The grass burrs on our old place were more in a husk, that opened. Wouldn’t come up until summer time. Seems to early. This is just a stim, then these heads.
    Appreciate the feed back y’all

Comment

where are you located?

Comment

Mcdade Tx

Comment

Our place is more clay type , very little sand

Comment

I have several different kinds of burr grass on my place. None have ever started off “soft” lol!!!!
            What you have, I have seen before. I don’t know what it is but not a burr.

Comment

Sand spurs! Uggh

Comment

I have a problem with grass burs on my place and what you have in the picture isn't the typical grass burr that I have.

Comment

Sure looks like some flavor of a sand burr to me.

Comment

Not grass bur. Maybe Buffalo grass?

Comment

The Stickers on our old place were nothing like this either, these are soft to touch.
                      Hell im afraid to mow and spread em.
                      Anyhow, My neighbors place, He’s never sprayed his place once for stickers. Just weeds in the spring. He doesn’t have one.

Appreciate yalls feed back.

Comment

yes, they're sand/grass burs. I have the same in my yard now, they're green and 'soft' because they're young. This summer they will dry out and transform to the dreaded demons that attack bare feet.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          yes, they're sand/grass burs. I have the same in my yard now, they're green and 'soft' because they're young. This summer they will dry out and transform to the dreaded demons that attack bare feet.
                          Yup that’s what I’m afraid of, my little ones blow and go and most the time bare foot.

Comment

It's hard to tell from the picture, but if you say these are soft, then they're not grass burrs. The grass burrs (sticker burrs) start out hard and are also covered with a very sticky substance.

I have these soft things, too, in certain places. Not sure what they are but don't believe they pose a problem with little ones playing in the pastures.

Comment

Too early for them here in Waller county. I'm gonna say no that isn't grassburrs
                              Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 04-28-2021, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X