Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't forget to protest your property taxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE...do NOT use O'CONNOR and ASSociates. Wow, they suck bad. Waste of time and cost me dearly.

Comment

I don't deaux my own challenge but...........i keep a firm hired year round to battle it out when appropriate !!!

Comment

Other than O’Connor, what firms are out there on a statewide basis?

Comment

I use Bettencourt Tax advisors, they automatically protest my taxes. They get 30% of the amount they get the tax reduced. Works for me.

Comment

Two notices so far. 150% increase on one. 20% increase on the other.

Comment

Reading all these comments I don't want to go to the mailbox. Hopefully ours will stay the same this year.

The entire system needs to be overhauled IMO. Of course they won't do it but it needs to happen. Too many exemptions and as usual "free" or reduced for others means a small concentration of people carry the load for everyone because "we can afford it".[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

A buddy of mine used to work for Novotny and Company. You might check them out. Bettancourt has a good rep. Pat O’Connor and Novotny have been around a long time.

In most instances, even if you think it won’t change much, it’s still beneficial to protest. It’s also helpful if you get a bunch of your neighbors to protest as well.

If you want to do it yourself, take pictures of everything that’s wrong with your house and property. A picture is worth a thousand words, but be careful not to include anything good/cool in the background. Like, don’t show them a picture of a crack in your driveway with the boat, ATV, and nice truck in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                  A buddy of mine used to work for Novotny and Company. You might check them out. Bettancourt has a good rep. Pat O’Connor and Novotny have been around a long time.

In most instances, even if you think it won’t change much, it’s still beneficial to protest. It’s also helpful if you get a bunch of your neighbors to protest as well.

If you want to do it yourself, take pictures of everything that’s wrong with your house and property. A picture is worth a thousand words, but be careful not to include anything good/cool in the background. Like, don’t show them a picture of a crack in your driveway with the boat, ATV, and nice truck in the background.
                  Why would that have any bearing on your appraised value?

Comment

Mine goes up the max 10% (homestead) every year. Any put in protesting?

Comment

Ours went up by about 12K but it’s still well under the latest appraisal. First time home owner but I I’m guessing we shouldn’t protest since it’s still under market value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have always had luck giving it to them!!!

Comment

House portion went up 37,140, hell of a jump and homesteaded, land went up 15k but its Ag Exempt and the taxes are not worth the time it would take to make a fuss.
                          Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 04-18-2021, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            Why would that have any bearing on your appraised value?
                            Which part of my comment are you asking about?

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                              Ours went up by about 12K but it’s still well under the latest appraisal. First time home owner but I I’m guessing we shouldn’t protest since it’s still under market value.

If bought last year, you should be use that price as the market value. They have to use comps for their price and recently sold exact house is hard to argue it’s worth more.

Comment

Just looked mine up, and they raised land from 14k to 24/k per acre. That’s always a hard thing to prove as there is never a replacement option and lots always sell for high values for new builds in area.

Comment

Working...
                                X