Somebody Havked My Info & Filed For Unemployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    You have to call them to unfreeze it. I had to do this a year ago. You can unfreeze it for a day, a week or indefinitely.
    Thanks & done. I find it odd the "freeze" process isn't the normal process from each creditor. I have zero qualms w/them having to contact me to release my credit credentials.

Comment

Question:
      Won't these unemployment checks have to be mailed to an address? Why can't the law just go there & bust them? I don't get how they get away w/it.

Comment

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          Question:
          Won't these unemployment checks have to be mailed to an address? Why can't the law just go there & bust them? I don't get how they get away w/it.
          They can be direct deposited into bank accounts. This is where stopping it early, can hopefully stop it. At some point, the scammers are able to somehow notify TWC and "update" the bank account info for the payments to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
            Question:
            Also, chances are they dont have a US address.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
              They can be direct deposited into bank accounts. This is where stopping it early, can hopefully stop it. At some point, the scammers are able to somehow notify TWC and "update" the bank account info for the payments to go to.
              Absurd.

Comment

ID.me, a computer security firm which works with 22 states to combat unemployment fraud and successfully helps workforce agencies identify legitimate unemployment claimants, estimates 20% of the fraud is linked to breached personal data, up to 10% is through social engineering, and 2.5% are linked to face matching, where a criminal tries to use a mask, video, or image of the victim.

Comment

Unfortunately to me this fraud as reported in story above appears to be hundreds of BILLIONS of our dollars being used to fund criminals and possibly our enemies abroad..

Comment

That's a ton of money going to thieves! ~27% of the $11.9B paid out in California alone. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      You have to call them to unfreeze it. I had to do this a year ago. You can unfreeze it for a day, a week or indefinitely.
                      I locked mine last week. Credit Karma sent me an email saying my email information and password on their website (and many others) had been breached . I didn`t take any chances and went ahead and locked it.

Comment

I bet that if crimes were enforced by strict laws there would be less crimes happening. I had my identity stolen a few years back and had to go through so much **** to regain my status that it was very time consuming, to add ~ The older I get the less tolerant I get...Click image for larger version

Name:	hanging.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	24646513

Comment

They got me, too... I was getting texts from TWC asking me to verify I requested benefits. I erased the texts thinking they were spam, until HR called me... I also did all of the mentioned above, and still haven't heard back from TWC.

Comment

It could be a co-worker. I worked for a company and would leave at lunchtime to go workout. I would leave my wallet in my lunchbox in my office because I had my gym locker broke into before. Well, my co-worker in the office next to mine decided it was a good idea to go through my wallet, steal my credit card, hand it off to his cousin who went and bought $1500 worth of merchandise at Academy. He was a project manager too. So you never know what someone might be willing to do even if you know them well.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me. Sad thing is that they even approved me for unemployment compensation.

Comment

My boss just called me and said he got a call from HR asking if he filed. Sounds like it is pretty rampent out there right now. I heard yesterday that CA has paid out several BILLIONS of dollars in fraud unemployment claims. What a racket and sad thing is, I never hear of anyone ever being held accountable for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X