Echo versus Stihl chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo versus Stihl chainsaw

Going to buy a 20" bar for general work. Which do y'all recommend and why?

I heard the Echo goes longer without needing cleaning but the Stihl is easier to start. Also, the Stihl has a 1 year warranty and the Echo has a 5 year warranty. Any other thoughts?

I like them both.

Comment

I have 1 of each...Stihl, hands down..and they have a 2 year and if you buy and run the Stihl synthetic 2 stroke oil, they give you another 2 years

Comment

I have used both and prefer the Stihl hands down.

Comment

both are good but i have stihl weedeater and chain saws,, i was recently given an echo,, nothing wrong with it but when i really need to cut something i go with the stihl,, easy to start and the chain is unbeilevable how long it will stay sharp.... and tight

Comment

I have a Stihl weedeater and an Echo blower and I like them both. Thanks for your input though. I will go with the Stihl then!

Comment

i have a stihl weed wacker and a stihl chainsaw, id go with a stihl, easier to start, less problems, well known company

Comment

6 in one hand & half dozen in the other!!

Comment

Stihl all day. I have 2 MS290's and 1 MS310. I wouldn't trade them for any other brand. I like my Echo weedeater though.

Comment

I wont buy anything but stihl...

just because thats all my grandpa bought and my dad bought and was handed down to me. my 60's model 041 still runs (sometimes ) dang thing. lol.

and we are from the great white north where we heat our homes with wood from the REAL trees in the woods! (so they get used)

Comment

Ok, any particular model of Stihl? They make 33 of them, but we want a 20" bar.

Comment

Stacey something else to consider is Husqvuarna. I sold my Stihl Farmboss and replaced it with a Husky. Any one of them is a quality machine.

Comment

Sthil

Comment

Can't go wrong either way, but I would get the echo because of the 5 year warranty. Small engines seem to always have issues at some point no matter what the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by large car View Post
                              Sthil
                              x2 hands down

Comment

Working...
                              X