SD card reader that actually works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD card reader that actually works

Are these unicorns or what? I’ve seen a ton of these on Amazon for i phone. Have any of y’all purchased one and had success with it. I’d like on for an I phone 12 and it must be idiot proof. Please share your products success or failure. I bought a stealthcam reader from academy and it never hit a lick.

I use the stealth cam reader . Plugs into my iPhone . I bought a little adapter so I don’t have to take it the phone or iPad out of the case .

Comment

I’ve since switched to all cell cams but I previously used a “Boneview” reader for iPhone and it worked well. It needs an adapter if you don’t want to take the phone out of the case.

Comment

I never liked any of them and had but luck. I just went and bought a cheap laptop 4 years ago and my life has been better ever since. Trail cam photos is all it’s used for.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
          Apple sd card reader best I’ve found
          https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightni...s%2C514&sr=8-3
          I literally just looked at that one on Amazon. Had 13+,000 purchases. So you plug your card into there and up pops the pictures on your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            I literally just looked at that one on Amazon. Had 13+,000 purchases. So you plug your card into there and up pops the pictures on your phone?
            Nope you have to down load the pictures from the card then you can browse them. It works better than any of the 20+ others I have used but if you run multiple cameras it is a time consuming PIA to go through and delete all the pictures you don’t want to save.

Comment

Plugs in to the iPhone “charging port” lightning connector thing then go to photos and it will load them in your phone. Or you can select certain ones to load. It’s very easy

Comment

Can you format your card with this device?

Comment

Some of the early ones automatically downloaded all the pics from the card onto your phone including all the rejects which is cumbersome. The Boneview (and probably some others) allows you to flip through them all just keeping what you want then reformat

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                    Apple sd card reader best I’ve found
                    https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightni...s%2C514&sr=8-3
                    Although I use mine in an iPad, this is what I use. Just make sure it is an Apple and not some el cheapo knockoff.

Comment

On my iPad there is an option to mark any pic with a heart symbol. I mark the ones I want to keep and then it’s pretty simple to mark all the pics to delete, them unmark those with the hearts on them, then trash all that are left. It sounds harder than it actually is.

Comment

Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader https://a.co/d/45n4vDY

Only way to go. You do not have to download the pics to view. You can view the pics by holding down on the first one in the roll and swipe away afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a lowdown sd reader. Don't use it anymore since cell cams. It's for sale. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                            Can you format your card with this device?
                            No you can only format from a pc, iOS won’t or at least to my knowledge

Comment

Working...
                            X