Rodents Chewing Wildlife Water Staion Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodents Chewing Wildlife Water Staion Lines

I set-up a rainwater catchment system with 275 Gal tote and used a black plastic irrigation hose leading to an automatic water station with a float .. This system has been in place for 2 years without an issue .. I just checked it last Saturday and just finished a project yesterday and the Dang Rodents (Could see chew marks) chewed through the hose and my 275 Gal tote got emptied ... Granted the hose is above ground but hogs haven't even messed with it ...

The soil is Rocky so no way digging ... What do do you use or suggest .. I was
    thinking about putting it inside a PVC pipe or replacing it with a flexible metal hose ...

I used washing machine hose with braided stainless covering. Not very expensive and going on 7 years with same hoses on 2 stations with no issues. They don't crack when it freezes either.
    Attached Files

Comment

How long a run of tubing are you talking? You could always sleeve it with the high abrasion resistant, woven polyester sleeving that they use for wire runs. Make any size, up to about 4". Get in 10 foot lengths, from most electrical supply warehouses. Runs about $1/foot for larger sizes

Comment

Smarts way is the way to go. Ran that for 4 years trouble free at my last lease.

“Fools multiply when wise men are silent” -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Smart for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I used washing machine hose with braided stainless covering. Not very expensive and going on 7 years with same hoses on 2 stations with no issues. They don't crack when it freezes either.

This is what I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All my troughs are plumbed from the bottom of the tank with no exposed plumbing.

Comment

From the Water Tote to the Water site is @ 80 yards. The Wash-machine connections look good and Excuse me for asking what are/is Smart ... Besides the Dictionary definition .. Lol.

I'm not familiar with plumbing terms and no way can I dig a trench to put the lines under ground.. Nothing but Rock ! My place is located close to Rocksprings .. Lol

Comment

I am using pvc & no issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                    From the Water Tote to the Water site is @ 80 yards. The Wash-machine connections look good and Excuse me for asking what are/is Smart ... Besides the Dictionary definition .. Lol.

I'm not familiar with plumbing terms and no way can I dig a trench to put the lines under ground.. Nothing but Rock ! My place is located close to Rocksprings .. Lol

Can’t wait for the answers. Go ahead gentlemen, what is SMART.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                      Excuse me for asking what are/is Smart ... Besides the Dictionary definition .. Lol.

s .. Lol
                      He is a little midget chubby dude that sits around in a thong & doles out info on here! He is a strange little minion!!! Watch out for him!!!
                      LOL!!!
                      J/K, he is Jason Smart. Goes by smart on here. Good Guy!

Comment

Whatever you are using, just sleeve it in PVC pipe.

Comment

I'm close by and have nearly the same set up. I did use the 1" poly line for mine and its been issue free for 3 years. for your situation I would try a thicker walled tubing or use pvc.

Comment

In for suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                            X