New dirt bike to ride with son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New dirt bike to ride with son

Well I bought my son a CRF50 last year and he's gotten pretty darn good on it. We watch supercross and outdoor motocross all the time. Now he's been wanting to go to a track and ride. I told him he'd get run over. So he's been working on me to buy myself another one for a few weeks so we could ride together and he wouldn't get run over that way. He's 5 and a salesman already. The guys at Wise Honda in Decatur hooked my up on a sweet deal on a new CRF450R. BEAST!!! So keep me in your prayers as its been about 6 years since I've ridden. Lol.
    Attached Files

Heck Ya!!!! Supercross is the Best sport EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

village creek MX has a little bike track, might look into it, I rode there when I was 7years old.

Comment

Prayers up. Lol. I sold mine when I landed a real job. Just can't afford to be hurt. Lol

Comment

That's a lot of bike, congrats! I hope you bought some good gear too, dress for the crash not the ride. Have fun man.

I ride a lot, have been for the last 37 years. I currently only have a 2009 Beta Evo 300 4T trials bike. But I sold my KTM 250xcf-w, Scorpa 250 trials, V-strom 650, and Polaris 450 HO before moving to Texas. I have to rebuild my herd once our garage is built.

Comment

Doesn't help for riding, bit our vintage MX club will be racing at Oak Hill on Sunday. It's just outside of Decatur. Come by and see some old guys ride old bikes.

I am sure I am hunting, or thinking about hunting.
            Attached Files

Comment

That stuff was a lot of fun when ideas young but in wouldn't even think about it now. Y'all will have a blast.

Comment

450 is a beast......

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                  Doesn't help for riding, bit our vintage MX club will be racing at Oak Hill on Sunday. It's just outside of Decatur. Come by and see some old guys ride old bikes.

That is awesome! I restored a 1984 KTM 125MX about 17 years ago. I have a 1982 PE175 completely disassembled now for a resto. I need to find a powder coater for the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Prayers up. Lol. I sold mine when I landed a real job. Just can't afford to be hurt. Lol
                    Well I have a real job too. Lol. And insurance!!!

I forgot about Village Creek having a pee wee track. There's a lot of fast kids out there riding. River Valley in Boyd is only about 15 minutes from the house.

I went ahead and bought all new gear. Helmet, boots, knee braces, and thinking about a neck brace.

Comment

I ride an Ultra. Thought I could take my boys 125 out for about an hour or so. The next morning I couldn't get out of bed.

Comment

Village creek

Originally posted by TXdeerdood View Post
                        village creek MX has a little bike track, might look into it, I rode there when I was 7years old.
                        Village Creek .......Wow that brings back memories!!!!!

Nice bike by the way. Never go wrong with Honda and 450... more than enough power!!!

Comment

I want a new ktm enduro in the worst way...I miss my dirt bikes.

Comment

River Valley has a kids only track too.

Comment

When looking for a track find ones that have structured practice. That will help keep him from getting run over, at least by a big bike.

Nice 450f by the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X