Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water softeners

Anyone know anything about them?

Are the ones at HD or Lowes any good? Buying one and ha ing it installed will cost me about $1000

Are the other ones worth the $4000-$9000 range? Are they really worth the extra cash?

Anyone install them in the Georgetown/Round Rock area?

Do your research. No need to spend more that $1.5k for a basic install. Fleck makes a good system, that runs about $750. The installation will cost you something, unless you can do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
      Do your research. No need to spend more that $1.5k for a basic install. Fleck makes a good system, that runs about $750. The installation will cost you something, unless you can do it yourself.

[emoji3516]…Close the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Qualitywaterforless.com

You can do this install pretty easy, save a ton of money…

The units at HD or Lowes are small and will constantly be recycling trying to keep up if you have more than 2 males in the house or one female…

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
          Thanks. I see on Amazon they are around $750. I've never installed one but believe that I can. I'm pretty handy around the house when I want to be cheap. But how long does it take? HD wanted $450 for the install so I'm assuming it's it's a 2-3 hours minimum.

Comment

It is not hard at all. You take the inlet to your house and run it to the softener, then take the softener outlet and hook it back into the house inlet. If you can do Pex, its maybe a 30 minute deal, assuming you dont have to move stuff around to make room for the softener.

Comment

Bought this one 2 years ago https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010MR6T2I...7-7c56fc70be47 great softener. All you have to do to install is find the main water line to the house. Supply in and out to the house. Find a place for the regeneration water to go or drain.

No difference between the $4000 but the cost, they do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                Bought this one 2 years ago https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010MR6T2I...7-7c56fc70be47 great softener. All you have to do to install is find the main water line to the house. Supply in and out to the house. Find a place for the regeneration water to go or drain.

No difference between the $4000 but the cost, they do the same thing.
                Interesting

Comment

We have an Aquasana whole home system. 1 million gallons or about 10 years. Bought a UV filter and a pro install loop kit. Our water supply is packed with too high chlorine content so we had to do something. It's been great for us so far.

Comment

I've installed several and they are really easy to do. I bought the last one at HD for about $350. It took about an hour to completely install and has worked great for the last 4 years. The one in the last house worked fine for 22 years. I would put a sediment filter in front of it though. Culligan makes a great whole house filter that is clear and the bypass valve is much easier to work than others I've seen. It's a HD as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                      Anyone know anything about them?

Are the ones at HD or Lowes any good? Buying one and ha ing it installed will cost me about $1000

Are the other ones worth the $4000-$9000 range? Are they really worth the extra cash?

Anyone install them in the Georgetown/Round Rock area?
                      Call Tommy Dorsey water conditioning in Round Rock. Super fair pricing and their systems work great. They installed mine for $1000 parts and labor in 2016. It’s been great so far.

I will add we had the loop already in the house when it was built. We basically just paid for the softener. Install was nearly free.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Call Tommy Dorsey water conditioning in Round Rock. Super fair pricing and their systems work great. They installed mine for $1000 parts and labor in 2016. It’s been great so far.

I will add we had the loop already in the house when it was built. We basically just paid for the softener. Install was nearly free.
                        Tommys the BEST. My dad went to high school with him and worked for him when he started his company up in the 70s. Hes done many systems for us and Im actually waiting on one right now from him.

Comment

We went with a Kinetico system for our home. It was around 4K but it came with a RO system for the kitchen as well. This is a non electrical unit that is designed for outside use. It would have cost me just as much to put one in my garage as I would have to run water lines to it as the garage is the opposite side of the house from where it feeds in. We have been very pleased and it’s worth every penny. Plus side is it’s easily moved with us in the event we sell the home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most if not all sold at box stores are a waste of money. Charger or Certiflow are the two best money can buy. But you can only get them thru a licensed plumber.

Majority of the ones posted in here only soften a certain amount before they go into bypass.

Comment

I I stalled one I got from Lowes about 8 years ago for like $600 and it has worked great. I have 3 kids and a wife that love long showers and its not undersized.... have no water spots on my glass showers or buildup on faucets. I usually fill with 3 bags of salt about every 2-3 months.

When I forget to add salt I get spots and buildup within a week or 2

Comment

Working...
                              X