Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers Up.

Comment

Continued prayers Glenn. One day and 1 step at a time friend. It will get better I promise.

Comment

Grief is the price we pay for having loved someone deeply. I’m glad you were able to reconnect with your daughter and maybe find some peace.

Comment

Prayers out to you for strength.

I am glad you had a chance to have a conversation with them, even if it was one sided.

Comment

Wish I had something to offer you. It was 16 years in May for me and there are still days like the first day. You do adapt with time.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              Continued prayers Glenn. One day and 1 step at a time friend. It will get better I promise.
              Thanks Joel. I don't really believe that it gets better, we just adapt to deal with the grief differently

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                Thanks Joel. I don't really believe that it gets better, we just adapt to deal with the grief differently

Fair enough for sure. I guess there's just a peace that comes over you with time when you learn to live in the "new normal". Unfortunately I feel it's a new normal that is a different, lesser version of me.
                I laugh now but maybe not quite as loud as before. I see beauty in a painting or a picture but maybe the colors aren't quite as bright as they used to be. Don't get me wrong. I'm very blessed and enjoy life once again and have lots to live for. That said, I sure look forward to being able to see and once again hold the loved ones that have gone before me.

Comment

Prayer for you and your family. I believe in the the spirts of angels. God will send message thur many different ways. I pray for your faith to guide you thur these times.

Comment

It won't always be this way, time has a way of healing the loss.
                    I used to think just like you are thinking, but the years pass and the wound heals.
                    You never forget, you never stop loving them, the loss is never without pain, the tears never quit, but day to day that crushing weight subsides.
                    Dealing with it while it's still fresh, I don't think there is a good answer.
                    You don't have the ability to keep your mind off it, sans the bottle, the synapses is too strong, seared to deep.
                    At the same time, it keeps the memories fresh, it allows you to think about memories that haven't been thought about in a long time, it allows you to love in a way that's not the norm, and it makes you vividly more aware of the things we take for granted.
                    These were some of my experiences losing my brother, I'm not preaching it as gospel.
                    Like you, I tried to keep his memory alive by telling people about him.
                    Made many promises to him that he would never be forgotten, and I kept them for awhile.
                    All that did for me in the end, was prolong the pain, and within the first year I went into high gear, left everything I had ever known, and ran wide open for nearly 15 years on the fringes of society, not caring about anything.
                    My mom, it nearly killed her, and I hurt for her more than I did the loss of my brother at times.
                    She is very religious, and she coped by praying for hours on end ,just weeping.
                    She would quote Roman's 8:28 over and over, for yrs and yrs afterwards anytime she would start thinking about.
                    Nowadays I rarely mention my brother unless he somehow pertains the story, I see no point.
                    Those memories, how I felt for him, cannot be conveyed to anyone in a way that would really make them care, or him ever matter to them.
                    IMO it does him no justice, and in the end it was only for me.
                    I think it's just human nature to refuse to let go of those you love the most, especially in cases like yours, but at some point it can becomes a negative in your life.
                    Hang in there brother, you'll work it out I promise.
                    We're all wired different for sure, but true love is a universal thing, the greatest thing there is in life, you can always take comfort in the fact you experienced it with someone.
                    The only absolute in this world, is that for each of us, it's all coming to end, enjoy the good times while you have them, keep the memories close, but live your life.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Praying for you - your willingness to share makes some of us stop, appreciate and show that appreciation when normally we would not, so thank you.

Comment

I can’t imagine. Most have seen this before, but I think it’s pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post

https://historydaily.org/how-to-deal-with-grief
                            That is an Amazing write up. So very true.

Comment

Glen I sent you a text. Love you buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post

https://historydaily.org/how-to-deal-with-grief

Wow...I've never seen this. Very well describes grief in general. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X