Suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor

I got an AR-10 in .308 that I’m wanting to get a suppressor for. It’s got a 20” threaded barrel. From what I’ve heard the shorter barrels are better. Will I be ok? I’d sure hate to sell it to get another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you’re good to go.

Comment

Good to go. Shorter barrels are handier, but 20” will work just fine.

Comment

Thanks fellas [emoji1303]

Comment

Be sure you have an adjustable gas block for the AR-10

Look up “Pew Science” Jay has a breakdown of most high end suppressors helping you decide what can is best for you

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Like mentioned above, all good info. Will be alittle dirty with the can. But roll with it.

Comment

Adjustable gas block is a must.

I had an 18” barrel that I just swapped for a 16” barrel to shed some weight.

I have the Silencerco hybrid that I really enjoy simply because I can swap it between so many rifles. Definitely do your research.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                  Adjustable gas block is a must.

I had an 18” barrel that I just swapped for a 16” barrel to shed some weight.

I have the Silencerco hybrid that I really enjoy simply because I can swap it between so many rifles. Definitely do your research.

Thanks. Will do that [emoji1303]

Comment

shop around ... some can have less back pressure ...

Comment

Should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        shop around ... some can have less back pressure ...
                        Which usually equates to them not suppressing as well….

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Which usually equates to them not suppressing as well….
                          hum not necessarily... they could also have more volume , different design blast chambers etc ..

some cans suck at everything...

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                            I got an AR-10 in .308 that I’m wanting to get a suppressor for. It’s got a 20” threaded barrel. From what I’ve heard the shorter barrels are better. Will I be ok? I’d sure hate to sell it to get another.

Not sure if this will be your first, but I’m waiting on my first out of jail. It will be nearly impossible to get the rifle hearing safe due to “port pop” basically the gas escaping the chamber is extremely loud.

If you dont have another bolt rifle to run it on the suppressor may be a big let down on an AR-10.

I am hoping to have mine in before deer season but it will be closez

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                              Not sure if this will be your first, but I’m waiting on my first out of jail. It will be nearly impossible to get the rifle hearing safe due to “port pop” basically the gas escaping the chamber is extremely loud.

If you dont have another bolt rifle to run it on the suppressor may be a big let down on an AR-10.

I am hoping to have mine in before deer season but it will be closez

Man, I never thought about that. Yes this will be my first. Now you got me all undecided on what to do. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X