Ultralight hunting rifle suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultralight hunting rifle suggestions.

I am starting to look at some ultralight style hunting rifles. Most of them have skeletonized actions or alloys, with carbon fiber barrels. I started out looking at the Savage Ultralight but the rest of the rifle I was not a big fan of. So I started looking at the Crestensen Arms and Fierce. My budget it about 2500. Any experience or recommendations on a rifle like this.

$2500 with or without a scope?

I have a Proof Elevation MTR in 6.5PRC that is an absolute tack driver out to 1000. MSRP is $3199, but street price is in the $2700 range. Hard to beat the components for the price. I bought it in a whim because I was going to build one with a Proof barrel and Bighorn action for a stock I had in the closet and I could by the entire rifle assembled for about $200 less than just buying the parts to build it. Kinda made the decision easy.

Comment

Why kind of weigh are you looking for

Comment

Love my Christensen arms ridgeline titanium and it’s about as light as you can get!

Comment

Kimber Mtn Ascent or I would even look at the Tikka T3x Super Lite.
          I have the Tikka in 243 Win and am very impressed with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a CA Ridgeline Titanium that comes in under 8 lbs with scope, sling and bipod, fully loaded, and it’s a great shooter.

Comment

I’ve got a weatherby weathermark in 6.5 RPM 6.25lb. With the Z3 on it should be just little over 7lb. I’ve only shot it enough to break in the barrel in so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The budget is without the scope. I am wanting the entire rifle to be under 9 if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                  Kimber Mtn Ascent or I would even look at the Tikka T3x Super Lite.
                  I have the Tikka in 243 Win and am very impressed with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  .243 Win? That's absurd, you can't kill anything with that, especially in Wyoming! You need at least a .30 cal magnum.....😁

For the record, I love my .243 with 80 gr. Vortex.

Comment

weatherby mark v 257 wby ultralight

Comment

I have Christensen Arms Carbon Fiber 6MM and love it.

Comment

Kimber mountain ascent! hands down super light, accurate. Tack driver for sure. Although I am looking at the Christensen ridgeline now. Not sure how much of an upgrade it will be I just want it.

Comment

Originally posted by savagehunter83 View Post
                          The budget is without the scope. I am wanting the entire rifle to be under 9 if possible.
                          My definition of an ultralight rifle would be something in the 6-6.5lb range with scope. With your 9lb limit with scope there will be a lot of options. My lightest hunting rifle is a Kimber that comes in at 7lbs 4 ozs ready to roll. Just a fyi, the lighter the rifle the harder you have to work at shooting it well.

Comment

The Ridgline is definitely in the running.

Comment

I like the Howa line and Weatherby just checking out the cal, too many choices .https://www.howausa.com/wp-content/u...g_LR-LQ_V2.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X