Top 1%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 1%

I started thinking the other day about the sort of people who voted republican vs democrat. After a little research, it's pretty obvious who the party of the common man is! Capitalresearch.org states that the highest earning zip codes nationwide representing the top 1.4 percent of socioeconomic status show that democrats raised $71 million compared to republicans $47 million. In the, "big four" metropolitan areas of
    New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington DC, We see the top 5% by socioeconomic status donated $77 million to democrats compared to $42 million republican
    In the "big four" central city areas we see the top 5% of the socioeconomic status donated $48 million to democrats compared to $21 million to republicans.

If that's not enough. In 2020 of the people/groups donating more than $100,000.00 to individual candidates the democrats received $5,194,746,426 where the republicans received $3,251,670,389.
    That is 62% of all contributions over $100,000.00

One other staggering stat is for the presidential candidates in 2020. Democrats raised $3,197,811,311 where Republicans received $776,700,410....... That's an astounding difference!!

In the 2016 presidential raise Democrats raised $800,059,726 where Republicans raised $647632,717. Interesting right?

According to Forbes.com the 400 richest people in America are now worth $3.2 trillion up from $240 billion just one year ago!!!!!!!

Just a few of the richest people in America who just happen to vote democrat......
    Jeff Bezos. Amazon
    Warren Buffett
    Bill Gates Microsoft
    Larry Page Google
    Mark Zuckerberg
    Larry Ellison Oracle Software
    Steve Balmer Microsoft
    Elon Musk 50% Democrat
    Sergey Brin Co-Founder of Google

One more mind blowing stat!
    Jeff Bezos' value increased from $114 billion to $179 billion from 2019-2020

Bill Gates $106 billion in 2019 - $111 billion in 2020

Mark Zuckerberg $69.6 billion in 2019 - $85 billion in 2020 estimated current net worth in 2021 according to Forbes is $111 billion!!

Jack Dorsey $4.8 billion in 2019 - estimated current net worth by Forbes $14.2 billion

I'll ask you a couple of questions. Why do you think all these big tech companies spent billions and billions and billions of dollars to get Biden elected? What do you and I, the common man have in common with the Forbes top 400 list of the richest people in America? What promise/hope are people seeing in supporting the democratic party of the elite? It's the same game they have been playing since the days of the plantation......... The rich don't pay taxes, the poor man does. One way or another the load falls on the common man.... Whether that be through direct taxes or indirect loopholes. We will always foot the bill so at least know who your enemy really is instead of letting them stab you in the back!!

Capitalresearch.org
    Opensecrets.org
    Forbes.com

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Poor people don't employ anyone. Rich people do. Employed people pay taxes. But employed people are employed by rich people. Yes, small businesses employ people. Usually providing a service for other people or at least to people who can afford the service.
    Big corporations employ large numbers of people. They usually have benefit packages. They usually are more stable financially.
    Rich people pay taxes. Just not as directly as working people.

Comment

Taxes

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      I started thinking the other day about the sort of people who voted republican vs democrat. After a little research, it's pretty obvious who the party of the common man is! Capitalresearch.org states that the highest earning zip codes nationwide representing the top 1.4 percent of socioeconomic status show that democrats raised $71 million compared to republicans $47 million. In the, "big four" metropolitan areas of
      New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington DC, We see the top 5% by socioeconomic status donated $77 million to democrats compared to $42 million republican
      In the "big four" central city areas we see the top 5% of the socioeconomic status donated $48 million to democrats compared to $21 million to republicans.

If that's not enough. In 2020 of the people/groups donating more than $100,000.00 to individual candidates the democrats received $5,194,746,426 where the republicans received $3,251,670,389.
      That is 62% of all contributions over $100,000.00

One other staggering stat is for the presidential candidates in 2020. Democrats raised $3,197,811,311 where Republicans received $776,700,410....... That's an astounding difference!!

In the 2016 presidential raise Democrats raised $800,059,726 where Republicans raised $647632,717. Interesting right?

According to Forbes.com the 400 richest people in America are now worth $3.2 trillion up from $240 billion just one year ago!!!!!!!

Just a few of the richest people in America who just happen to vote democrat......
      Jeff Bezos. Amazon
      Warren Buffett
      Bill Gates Microsoft
      Larry Page Google
      Mark Zuckerberg
      Larry Ellison Oracle Software
      Steve Balmer Microsoft
      Elon Musk 50% Democrat
      Sergey Brin Co-Founder of Google

One more mind blowing stat!
      Jeff Bezos' value increased from $114 billion to $179 billion from 2019-2020

Bill Gates $106 billion in 2019 - $111 billion in 2020

Mark Zuckerberg $69.6 billion in 2019 - $85 billion in 2020 estimated current net worth in 2021 according to Forbes is $111 billion!!

Jack Dorsey $4.8 billion in 2019 - estimated current net worth by Forbes $14.2 billion

I'll ask you a couple of questions. Why do you think all these big tech companies spent billions and billions and billions of dollars to get Biden elected? What do you and I, the common man have in common with the Forbes top 400 list of the richest people in America? What promise/hope are people seeing in supporting the democratic party of the elite? It's the same game they have been playing since the days of the plantation......... The rich don't pay taxes, the poor man does. One way or another the load falls on the common man.... Whether that be through direct taxes or indirect loopholes. We will always foot the bill so at least know who your enemy really is instead of letting them stab you in the back!!

Capitalresearch.org
      Opensecrets.org
      Forbes.com

The rich don't pay taxes Surely you don't really believe that?) You must not own a company. You do know your employer has to match your social security benefits and that's just for starters!!! I am so sick and tired of people saying the rich don't pay taxes, its absurd. You make more you pay more, its just that simple!!!!!!!
      The latest government data show that in 2018, the top 1% of income earners—those who earned more than $540,000—earned 21% of all U.S. income while paying 40% of all federal income taxes. The top 10% earned 48% of the income and paid 71% of federal income taxes.Mar 3, 2021

2020 federal income tax brackets
      (for taxes due in May 2021, or in October 2021 with an extension)

Expand the filing status that applies to you.

Single filers
      Tax rate

Taxable income bracket

Tax owed 10% $0 to $9,875

10% of taxable income 12% $9,876 to $40,125

$987.50 plus 12% of the amount over $9,875

22% $40,126 to $85,525 $4,617.50 plus 22% of the amount over $40,125

24% $85,526 to $163,300 $14,605.50 plus 24% of the amount over $85,525

32%

$163,301 to $207,350

$33,271.50 plus 32% of the amount over $163,300

35% $207,351 to $518,400$47,367.50 plus 35% of the amount over $207,350

37% $518,401 or more $156,235 plus 37% of the amount over $518,400

here is the link if its too hard to understand
      The seven federal income tax brackets for 2023 and 2024 are 10%, 12%, 22%, 24%, 32%, 35% and 37%. Your bracket depends on your taxable income and filing status.

Comment

Are you in the top 1% or are you middle class? I'm middle class and own a business. I pay out the wazoo in taxes!! I said the rich don't pay taxes meaning the RICH Elite. They pass those costs on to you and I. Just look at the current tax plan for Biden... If your a business owner in New York or California, your about to pay in excess of 60% in taxes!!

Comment

The wealthy pay the VAST majority of taxes. What are these "indirect loopholes" that force the common man to pay more taxes? EITC? :-)

Comment

That's because people in NY and Cal keep voting for the idiots who keep raising taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              The wealthy pay the VAST majority of taxes. What are these "indirect loopholes" that force the common man to pay more taxes? EITC? :-)
              I wish somebody could explain why the richest people in America want a democrat in the white house? I guarantee you it isn't so they'll have to pay more taxes!

Comment

If US corporations receive a 5% tax increase, do you believe that Sam Walton's heirs pull 5% less profit from the business?

I'll tell you, they don't. They pass the tax increase onto the consumer in the form of increased cost of groceries/goods. That is the loop hole. Corporations pass tax increases on to consumers (you, me, and the rest of the middle class). Most of the ultra wealthy don't truly pay taxes (out of their pocket) and the ultra poor don't pay taxes. The middle class pays the majority of taxes either directly or indirectly.

Comment

I wish somebody could explain why the richest people in America want a democrat in the white house? I guarantee you it isn't so they'll have to pay more taxes!

They feel better about themselves. Many believe in white guilt (if indeed white). They buy their own social consciousness/peace by voting for liberal do-gooders. Many have so much money that they know they can't spend it and they great grandkids can't either. Not enough hookers and blow to go around with enough frequency. They feel better about themselves at social events with other wealthy people. Liberalism is a disease. Now what about those loopholes?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    If US corporations receiving a 5% tax increase, do you believe that Sam Walton's heirs pull 5% less profit from the business?

I'll tell you, they don't. They pass the tax increase onto the consumer in the form of increased cost of groceries/goods. That is the loop hole. Corporations pass tax increases on to consumers (you, me, and the rest of the middle class). Most of the ultra wealthy don't truly pay taxes (out of their pocket) and the ultra poor don't pay taxes. The middle class pays the majority of taxes either directly or indirectly.
                    Passing on costs is NOT a loophole. If a landlord passes on increased property taxes to a tenant is that a loophole as well? Nope.

Comment

Are you in the top 1% or are you middle class? I'm middle class and own a business. I pay out the wazoo in taxes!! I said the rich don't pay taxes meaning the RICH Elite. They pass those costs on to you and I. Just look at the current tax plan for Biden... If your a business owner in New York or California, your about to pay in excess of 60% in taxes!!

I started to post when I first saw your statement that the rich don't pay taxes, but I saw others challenged that. I WILL, however, ask you why you believe that.

I have also pondered why most of the top wealthiest vote Democrat. They obviously are capitalists, and the Demos usually support higher taxes. Please research that question and get back to us.

Comment

If US corporations receive a 5% tax increase, do you believe that Sam Walton's heirs pull 5% less profit from the business?

Exactly... I can assure you the rich don't get to be rich by cutting their own throat! They know what the bottom line is and whatever they have to pass on to the consumer to hit that bottom line thats what they pass on.... The really rich like bezos know that a liberal government is disastrous for small business. That's why he wants a democrat in office because he doesn't have to lift a finger to eliminate his competitor.... Uncle Sam will do it for him!!

Comment

For the record, Sam Walton's heirs don't pull any profit from WalMart. They are not employees. They own stock, just like other shareholders, so they only benefit from their stock values and the dividends that are paid to all stockholders.

Comment

Passing on costs is NOT a loophole. If a landlord passes on increased property taxes to a tenant is that a loophole as well? Nope.
                            Yes it is. That increased tax $$$$ is not coming out of the landlord's pocket. The tenant is actually paying the $$$$. Do you really not see that the tenant is indirectly paying the tax? Landlord still making same profit. Tenant pays more.

Poor people are actually hurt by corporate tax increases. Not corporations.

Comment

Sorry bud, but I think you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Rich people's net worth increases at just about the same percentage as everyone else. If my net worth goes from $114,000 one year to $179,000 one year that is no different than Jeff Bezos going from $114B to $179B over the same time. It's just a percentage of what you started with.

The rich do pay taxes..a heck of a lot more than you or I do. My net worth and what I pay in income tax are totally different things though.

Now, the richest folks in the US do tend to lean liberal/democratic. If I had a billion dollars it probably wouldn't hurt as much to pay an extra $10M in taxes a year...if it gave me a warm and fuzzy to think I was helping the "poor man".

What you are missing is that it is about power. The rich should be able to spend their money any way they want....the same as you and I. It isn't their fault they have more to spend than we do. It's our fault for not having as much to spend as they do. Every one of those people listed above created or were part of creating a good/service that they were able to capitalize on.

You can't support the idea of free enterprise and capitalism and them complain about how the folks who were successful spend their money.....just like they don't have any say so on how you spend yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X