oil in water well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours in Rocksprings did the same when we first drilled it
    Not a lot but you could see a light skim on the inside of my water tank .
    After several years of use it will have a little rainbow droplet float to surface in the tank,
    But not really even making a skim anymore in the tank .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you might think about getting the water tested either way. there could be dissolved components in the water. benzene, toluene... all the bad stuff that causes cancer. These are also able to be absorbed through your skin. a test for BTEX is probably only 40-50 bucks.

Comment

You might be able to lower the pump. A lot of times the well is deeper than the pump is set. Don't know about a timer.

Comment

Have you thought about running the pipe for the well deeper, to try and get below the oil? That or like the other guy suggested, suck the oil off of the top of the well. I would talk to a vacuum truck company. That's basically what they do. A lot of wells produce water and oil and that gets pumped into holding tanks. Every so often they have a vacuum truck company come out and suck the oil and water from the tanks and haul it off. You might see if it's possible to run a larger hose or pipe down the hole , with a float on the bottom end, to try and hold the end of the hose or pipe near the surface of the water. Then get a vacuum truck to come out and vacuum the surface of the well for a while, to see if they can clean up the water some.

Another thought might be to try and come up with a system to burn the oil on the surface, get it lit and let it burn for days, maybe years. But then you could not run plastic water well pipe. That would be something again to talk to an oil field engineer about. That might create some crazy situation, more so, if there is any flammable gas seeping also.

I would think just running your well pipe deeper would be the easiest solution.

Comment

Working...
          X