Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience with, or recommendations for....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have experience with, or recommendations for....

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Are you having to replace them every month? I may go this route.
    No. I put them out in May and forget about them until next year. I’ve never noticed any uptick in skeeters in late summer.

I buy a 4 pack and put them in trees off the 4 corners of the house.

Planning on buying another 4 pack to take to deer camp and see how they work out there. Skeeters terrible last Friday out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Spartans here too. I don't know why they work as good as they do, but they work. I replace after 3 months.

Comment

I spray besiege on our turf farms every 6 weeks to kill all kinds of insects, at night you can go out with a thermal and see all the deer laying out in turf getting away from all the mosquitoes in the woods and pastures around the farm.

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like I will be ordering the Spartans. If that doesn’t work I’m going to look into installing a mist system. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

I have not had luck with the Spartans. I put more out than is recommended spacing-wise and it did not put a dent in them. It’s not supposed to keep them away it’s supposed to attract and kill them but after a couple of months each had maybe a dozen dead ones in them. My most effective method has been to spray the entire yard with that Cutters product once a month. I also have a fogger that runs off a small propane bottle

Comment

I use the spartan devices too. Just put them out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                a system or device that will keep mosquitoes out of the yard? They have taken over with all the rain we’ve had and continue to get. I would appreciate any experience or recommendations y’all have. I’ve got grand babies next door that can’t play outside right now without covering themselves in skeeter spray. Thanks
                MosquitoNix®, the National Leader in mosquito control, provides unmatched mosquito and pest control services. Contact us today for a free estimate!

Outstanding product and service. Simply put it works.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I have not had luck with the Spartans. I put more out than is recommended spacing-wise and it did not put a dent in them. It’s not supposed to keep them away it’s supposed to attract and kill them but after a couple of months each had maybe a dozen dead ones in them. My most effective method has been to spray the entire yard with that Cutters product once a month. I also have a fogger that runs off a small propane bottle
                  Cutter Backyard Control works well...............

Comment

Just bought the Spartan package at Lowe’s for $24, just waiting for the rain to stop. I like seeing these good reviews

Comment

Looks like Spartan is banned for sale in about 10 states. That's how you know it works

Comment

We use Thermocell lanterns.

Comment

I bought a dozen of the Spartans. I hope they work.

Comment

I bought a Sola DIY mister system. Use Vector and it runs around $35/month to fill. good for our normal sized back yard.

I also spray Bifen from a back Stihl SR450 backpack sprayer. this is what most of the pro's use if you have someone contracted to come spray every two weeks.

lastly i use the trusty thermocell if we are sitting down for dinner/drinks.

Comment

We use the Spartan's as well. Just put up 2 in front & 2 in back, same as last year. One thing we also do is have our exterminator spray late May, coming on the 25th, then spray beginning of August. We are close to Lake Granbury so spraying on a set schedule not only helps control the skeeters but also the Spiders, etc., common with lake living. So roughly $50 for 4 Spartans and right at a $100 for yard, tree spraying on a half acre makes a big difference. We don't even have the interior of our home sprayed anymore as the outside spraying prevents the dam bugs inside. Used to have problems with inside bugs, including scorpions, but since we got on a schedule outside no problems in over 2 seasons.

Just be sure and check the water level in the Spartans and add if below the "marked" lines on the outside. Good luck, hate the dang skeeters with a passion but the love me...my wife Never get's bit!

Comment

Make some good sized bon fires, then have a few pear burners around, get some other to help, walk around with the pear burners at night, and sweep the air. Incinerate those little *******s.

Other idea, might be to pour gasoline all over the place, after dark then light it off, in one bill ball of fire. That would probably do wonders for them flying pricks. I grew up on the coast, not very fond of them, but learned to live with them. Sure would take great pleasure in incinerating a few million of them in about 1/2 second flat, with a big gasoline ball of fire.

Also if you have any standing water, that does not have fish or other things you don't want to harm. Pour some type of oil on/in the water, or something else that will float to the surface, creating a film on the surface. That will smother the larva. I just thought about trying a fuel stabilizer, that's how those work, is by making a film on the surface of the fuel, to keep air away from the fuel. Also drain any standing water in things like tires, or buckets, ECT.
                                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-17-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X