Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another DFW area pig.....at night via light..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another DFW area pig.....at night via light..

Sniper hog lighted another DFW area pig I forgot to add to the bowhunting video section.
    Tracking at night was a rodeo with all the hogs in the woods but I got it done without getting attacked.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRLUEghIro"]Sniper Hog Lighting DFW area pigs 5-5-21 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Smart; 05-12-2021, 09:47 AM.

Good shooting. How big was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
      Good shooting. How big was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks man.. around 80lbs is my guess

Comment

Greatness :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great shot Smart!!

Comment

Enjoyed the video. Good job!

Comment

Now that looks like fun. Great video thanks for sharing.

Comment

Perfect shot. Kind looked like you might have stuck two of them.

Comment

Good nighttime shooting Jason, and film. What nocks are you using?

Hogboy

Comment

Thanks fellas! They are a little wonky right now with all the rain so I'm hoping to get them back on a pattern where I can hunt them soon.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Perfect shot. Kind looked like you might have stuck two of them.

Thanks GG. I think what you are seeing is the arrow pass through, then slam on the ground, bounce up and turn off when it hits the ground ......then I believe either a piglet or one of the other two sows steps on it and it turns back on. I looked through the actual video footage again just to confirm as youtube nightime uploads have a tendency to lessen some of my quality and there is for sure no pig behind the one I shot. I chose that spot because the smaller boar walked in a hole between the two sows with nothing behind him. Now he does cast a good shadow with the light..
                    Last edited by Smart; 05-17-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                      Good nighttime shooting Jason, and film. What nocks are you using?

Hogboy

Thanks Gary.....I'm diggin' this new camera. It's a little sharper on the original video but the youtube upload was pretty good as well. Might night shots seem to distort on youtube compared to the original where as my daytime video are usually pretty dang clear as the original.

I use the cheap Nocturnal knockoffs on Amazon. This is the link to the size that fits my Bemans. You need to find out your arrow nock size on Amazon and search the same seller or somebody similar. These are the S size (6.2 mm) nock. Have had really good success with them for 1/3 the price of Nocturnals.

XHYCKJ 6PCS S Led Lighted Nocks... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KBF3SR...p_mob_ap_share

Comment

Good shooting Smart!

I'm going to need to upgrade my video camera soon. It's essentially useless at night and nowhere near the clarity that videos like yours are, even with feeder lights or a Sniper on the bow. I've missed videoing shots on a couple big pigs recently because the camera wouldn't work for me

Comment

Working...
                        X