Coral Snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coral Snake

Was walking in McAlester park here in San Antonio yesterday morning and this dude slithered out right in front of me. I’ve never seen one before, thought it was pretty cool. Let him go on his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! Never seen one in the wild

Comment

Awesome looking fella…

Comment

Got a good recipe? LOL

Comment

That is really cool.

Comment

Beautiful critter! My little dachshunds got one in the back yard last week.

Comment

That's a nice one!

Comment

I used to play some baseball and mounting bike that park about 20 yrs ago. Never saw a snake though.

Comment

Beautiful snake! Looks like he may have just shed. His coloration is really bright!! My son-in-law got one with my lawnmower in my front yard a few weeks back. He was all dull and dark and not at all brightly colored like that one. I figured he was about to shed.
                  In the woods, I give them a pass, but can't tolerated venomous snakes in the yard where my grandsons n dogs roam... Good on you OP for giving that one a pass.

Comment

So many critters rock great camo, but this guy goes through life telling the World “Hey, I’m right here, gotta problem?” Cool snake, thanks for posting his pic.

Comment

Lots of them around my camp unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                        I used to play some baseball and mounting bike that park about 20 yrs ago. Never saw a snake though.
                        I walk there every day. A hundred deer a day is not out of the ordinary. Once they start shedding I look forward to my walks, the deer have no fear of you. I've only seen ONE turkey and a few armadillos and this is the only snake I have seen. I figured I would see coyotes but never have. I hate exercising but the 5 miles a day I do in that park are half way enjoyable with all the deer.

Comment

Biggest I ever saw was 30 miles south of San Antonio. Long as our big limb loppers. We saw him crossing a road from about 75 yards. Pretty snake.
                          There were quite a few around our house north of Houston.

Comment

I’m from SA and I used to catch them all the time. They really are a pretty snake.

Comment

Only venomous snakes I’ve ever seen around our home. Surprising since we’re pretty close to a couple of lakes. Beautiful for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X