Are you practicing yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you practicing yet?

I was AMAZED at a thread last year, when several dozen TBHrs admitted to pulling their bows out only days before the season started.

I enjoy shooting so I shoot a a few dozen to hundreds of arrows a week.
    I switched from dots to a picture today as I have 29 days until I head to the Rockies in hopes of filling a bull elk tag this year.
    I don't proclaim to be an excellent archer, as this is only my second year shooting a bow, but I feel confident enough as these were spaced from 30-45 yards.

[IMG][/IMG]

It's printed on a regular 9x11" sheet of paper too, so dimensions are a bit smaller than "real life."

Having confidence in your equipment and ability makes a big difference in everything, I think. Now if I can keep these groups then I only need to focus on finding those boys and getting close... Then the battle with "Bull fever" will begin... Y'all say a prayer for me.

I’m fixing to start. I limit myself to 30 yard shots while hunting so I don’t shoot year round.

Comment

I'm going to be starting on Tuesday. Heading to Cinnamon Creek for a new bow. I haven't shot since March. I usually shoot year round though.

Comment

Is it September yet?

Comment

I shoot year round.. I like archery almost as much as I like hunting..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            Is it September yet?
            I wish...
            I love my wife and sons. More than anything in the world.
            But after them being at home nearly 24/7 since march 9th, this dad NEEDS a week in the mountains by himself.

Comment

My bow is sitting in a bow shop.

I used to shoot year round as I enjoy it then my backyards got smaller and smaller

Comment

I shoot all year, longbow, recurve wheeler. I never know which I will shoot with. But I due always have a backup. Not the best shot, but I will keep it up.
                Attached Files

Comment

I really need to. I have not gotten the recurve off the wall since my last 3D shoot in early June. Between the heat and the mosquitos I’m having a hard time summoning the motivation. With a two month lay off it will take me a while to get my form back.

Comment

Having a new string and tuneup done to the wheel bow this afternoon and then will start slinging arrows at least every other afternoon right before dark

Comment

I started three weeks ago. I get at least a dozen shots in a day.

Comment

I shoot every day. Some days it is 6 arrows, some it’s 60. Depends on what is going on.
                        I shoot better at 40 than I do at 20.
                        I’ve been shooting 50 and 60 a lot this week.

Comment

But Im trying to talk myself out of a new bow but Im struggling with it. Im headed to the bow shop this wk to pick up some new arrows. I have to continue to fight the urge of a new VXR

Comment

Heck no. Have you been outside today? It’s stupid hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot some in August and September. Not sure why I don’t practice more.

Comment

Working...
                              X