hands turned orange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hands turned orange?

i was helping put up a tree stand, and after we got done i noticed the palms and fingers of both of my hands had turned orange. Everything I handled in the process was stuff I've touched many times before, even the plants. I can only think of two things that may have caused it.

1: at one point I was hanging on to a branch in the tree for about 15 min while they were shoring up the ladder, and my hands were in nearly constant contact with the dried moss on the branch the whole time. this was an oak tree.

2: possibly the gloves I was using, though they were mostly black with just a little bit of red. they were older too. i'm not sure it was this though because I only used them a little bit at first then i went barehanded after that, and I didn't notice the orange on my hands until we were almost done.

afterward i washed my hands several times and it did start to come off, but only when i used soap that had grit to it like gojo.
    Attached Files

Did you have a bag of Cheetos for a snack?

Comment

inside of the glove

Comment

Your white wash is wearing off.

Comment

Orange you glad it’s nothing serious.

Probably the gloves.

Comment

Orange is the new black. Maybe it will spread all over you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
              Orange you glad it’s nothing serious.

Probably the gloves.
              Ok, that’s funny lol. Most likely the inside of the gloves stained when your hands started sweating

Comment

Probably from sweating with the gloves on .

Comment

may be a side effect of work.

sorry had to. Definitely looks like it was from the dye in the old gloves.
                  Last edited by ctom87; 07-24-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I’m thinking amputation is the only solution to this problem….

Comment

gloves

Comment

It was your gloves, had it happen multiple times years ago. Whatever they use, it stains your hands very well. I have had bright orange hands, and could not get the stuff off for a few days.

Comment

The gloves make the most sense. Oddly enough something like this happened to me once before, when I turned part of my right hand orange after accidentally coming in contact with nitric acid. It went away after a couple weeks though.

Comment

Did you get the sudden urge to start making mean tweets??

Comment

T d s
                              Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-25-2021, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X