• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody spoke about brother Osborne. How were they

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
      Nobody spoke about brother Osborne. How were they
      They don’t play until tonight!. I’ll update after they do.

Patterson Hood joined Isbell to play Outfit at the very end last night. Absolutely made my day to see them together again, even if it was only for one song. Watching Cover Me Up live was simply amazing though!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        They don’t play until tonight!. I’ll update after they do.

Patterson Hood joined Isbell to play Outfit at the very end last night. Absolutely made my day to see them together again, even if it was only for one song. Watching Cover Me Up live was simply amazing though!
        Dig this thread, great pics and great music reviews. What a cool trip, keep posting, thanks for taking us along.

Comment

We really wanted to make the trip up to see Cauthen among many others but couldn't swing it. Next year!

Comment

Definitely sounds like an awesome show, I've watched some Billy Strings videos on youtube in the past will definitely have to look him back up!

Comment

Tyler Childers put on an outstanding show. He left out a couple of his biggest hits though, and IMO that lost him a couple of points. I’d rank Tyler as the 3rd best show of the series, with Jason Isbell being first, and Billy Strings being a close second. Bingham wasn’t even in the running. Unfortunately I’m a HUGE Drive by Truckers fan, but I was standing in beer lines and food lines most of their show. I didn’t get to see a whole lot of it, but I did thoroughly enjoy what I heard. Brothers Osbourne put on a heck of a show as well, and I’d rank them well above Bingham.

Comment

Tyler Childers put on an outstanding show. He left out a couple of his biggest hits though, and IMO that lost him a couple of points. I’d rank Tyler as the 3rd best show of the series, with Jason Isbell being first, and Billy Strings being a close second. Bingham wasn’t even in the running. Unfortunately I’m a HUGE Drive by Truckers fan, but I was standing in beer lines and food lines most of their show. I didn’t get to see a whole lot of it, but I did thoroughly enjoy what I heard. Brothers Osbourne put on a heck of a show as well, and I’d rank them well above Bingham.

Isbell is on another level. His songs just seem to get better every time I listen to them. Surprised about the weak performance by Bingham, I saw him several years ago and he was outstanding.

Thanks for taking us along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorider View Post
                  Isbell is on another level. His songs just seem to get better every time I listen to them. Surprised about the weak performance by Bingham, I saw him several years ago and he was outstanding.

Thanks for taking us along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Bingham wasn’t what I’d call a weak performance, but not at the level of the others. I think several things contributed to it. He played way earlier in the day than he’s used to. Almost like he was the opening act. The atmosphere just wasn’t there yet, and he didn’t have his band with him. Both of those can play a role in not being top tier performance.

On the other hand I’m really mad I missed another band. I have never heard of them, but everyone around raved about their performance. The Hogslop String Band. I feel like I need to make time to see them later on. I was at the opposite stage when they were on.

Comment

Did you catch Colter Wall?

Not sure he'd be super exciting performance wise, kind of like watching Tool, but he can belt the tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      Did you catch Colter Wall?

Not sure he'd be super exciting performance wise, kind of like watching Tool, but he can belt the tunes.
                      That was probably the most disappointing show of anyone I wanted to see, and it wasn’t his fault. The volume was absolutely atrocious. We couldn’t hear anything in the back where we were seated. We sat in the far back along a tree line for the shade and to not be quite so close to a million people (we’re old lol). Most other shows had plenty of volume to easily be heard from our positions, except for Colter. From what we could see it looked like a good show, but we just couldn’t hear anything.

Comment

Did you at least enjoy a few PBR’s or Busch lights?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          Did you at least enjoy a few PBR’s or Busch lights?
                          It was all about the Cold Snacks
                          Attached Files

Comment

It was all about the Cold Snacks
                            Great pic of “Cold Snack” and the crowd in the background. Have fun, keep posting, and thanks for the music reviews.

Comment

When’s white Buffalo play?

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                                When’s white Buffalo play?
                                They played Saturday. I wanted to see them, but unfortunately only was able to hear them. The entry line Friday was pretty quick and painless, so we didn’t plan to be there too early Saturday. We got there about 15 minutes before WB played, and spent the next hour in line for entry. Luckily the stage was close enough we could hear them, but we didn’t get to see any of it. I liked what I heard though.

Comment

Working...
                                X