X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    2nd Axis is off.

If not that and you’re right handed, likely a grip issue

Here’s the reason i don’t see this being the issue. Most sights are pretty close on 2nd axis out of the box and shooting flat ground it shouldn’t be that far off at 40 yards. All rest are installed by a person and it’s real easy for center shot to be off. If your tip is pointing inside right, the farther you scoot back the farther right you will shoot. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aim a little left at 30, a little more at 40, and then a bit more at 50. Easy, Peasy.

Comment

I was doing the same and realized turning my body slightly (I am comfort to shoot a bit awkward at an odd angle to the target) if I get closer to a true 90 degree (squared up) my drifting improved a LOT to near true. Plus I am a lefty, shoot right to complicate. Right eye dominant. Experienced but Novice shooter and always learning including the sight pins often are not the issue when I am shooting off! The bow, the pins, position etc. Darned why can it not be easy?

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
          Farther out you are the greater the flaw shows. Assuming it’s tuned fine adjust sights to put your 40 dead on and then shoot 20 again. If it hits bull then done. If not then rest is not tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          ^^^this x3

Comment

There are a lot of variables on the table, of course. If you have bare shaft shoot it in the group at 20. If its to the right move your rest to the in small increments. Otherwise, as stated above, just move your rest to the left. This is generally called "walk back" tuning if you want to look it up. But you just need to move the rest a tiny bit at a time.

If you are going to tune your rest (as suggested), just make sure the centershot is reasonably close to spec, which is likely 3/4 to 13/16, but check the manual for your bow.

Comment

Fishindude- Pro solution

RTP and AC- Slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night! I do like simple stuff though!

Lots of good ideas here.

After shooting again tonight two things made it much better. Shot out to sixty pretty much on the midline.

1. I loosened my grip by putting the tips of my fingers on the front of the grip.

2. I am getting older and wore my far away glasses to actually see what I was shooting at. Hell getting old fellers. I need readers from 30 in and regular glasses after that.
              I can't stand bifocals!

I had lasik done 30 years ago and it is wearing off! They said it would at 50 and I am beyond that fo sho!
              Last edited by Abcdj; 09-28-2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

The grip? I thought grab and go! I am gettin edumacated as Bodine might say. I just do what comes natural and shoot. Wait I am older so that may need some work. Wife had Lasik and same. Talking the second round. Best to you. Picked up on some more free tips again. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  I am hitting pretty much dead on at 20 yds. Move out to 30 and my arrows hit a 1-2 inches right. Move to 40 and it's 2-3 inches right. 50 its 3-4 inches right. It is not a wind r-l or l-r thing.

What is causing me to fade to the right technique wise as the distance increases?

I am not shooting at a deer over 35 yards by the way. Pigs yes.

Maybe already suggested but shoot your arrow at 20 then back up to 30 shoot using 20 yard pin. Arrow should be pretty close plumb with the 20 yard arrow. If not adjust rest direction of 20 yard ever so slightly should set your centershot

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                    The grip? I thought grab and go! I am gettin edumacated as Bodine might say. I just do what comes natural and shoot. Wait I am older so that may need some work. Wife had Lasik and same. Talking the second round. Best to you. Picked up on some more free tips again. Thanks
                    There is a lot to be said about using the natural approach. No time to think about it. Jethro was a pretty clever young fella! Best of luck to you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                      Maybe already suggested but shoot your arrow at 20 then back up to 30 shoot using 20 yard pin. Arrow should be pretty close plumb with the 20 yard arrow. If not adjust rest direction of 20 yard ever so slightly should set your centershot
                      Thank ya!

Comment

Working...
                      X