Spin sorting arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin sorting arrows

When I get a new dozen hunting arrows (not very often), I was taught to insert a broad head and spin them on my finger to sort out the ones with the least vibration. The assumption is that the smoother spinning arrows have better aligned inserts and/or straighter shafts. The best few go in the quiver for hunting, and the worse ones are the practice arrows.

Does anyone else do this? Is it evidence based, or superstition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done this with my arrows but the idea seems to be based on solid reasoning.

Comment

I have always done this, but it is usually the arrow that is most important. imo

Comment

Yes, I spin test all of mine... if they don’t spin true they get a FP written on a vane... I’d spin true then get a number for BH use

Comment

I always marked the best H1, H2 etc for hunting, the worst get P for practice, and the middle ones get OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of the arrows (outserts) we build are spin tested while the epoxy is still uncured. You can rotate the outsert until it spins true.

Comment

always

Comment

I square the arrow end. Put in an insert without epoxy. Attach broadhead. Spin it. I mark the insert and arrow where the broadhead spins best (least wobble), then glue it.

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
                  I square the arrow end. Put in an insert without epoxy. Attach broadhead. Spin it. I mark the insert and arrow where the broadhead spins best (least wobble), then glue it.
                  Same here. Ranch fairy has some good videos on YouTube on how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                    Same here. Ranch fairy has some good videos on YouTube on how to do this.
                    Agreed.

Comment

i hunt at 20 yards. wobble doesn't affect enough at that distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X