Home defense / tactical shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
    Academy has a 590 for $399 and 15% worth of discounts if you are Military and an Academy card holder.

Don’t overthink it. The 590 has plenty of aftermarket crap too.

You really don’t have an advantage with a semi auto because of the time it takes to reacquire a target. Practice works to increase speed.

The Moss 930 (modded OR3 Tube & SBE Piston), 940 Tactical, Benelli, or Beretta semi autos are great too.

Make sure whatever you use has a shoulder stock, a youth version even better. The shockwave is a gimmick unless you put a real stock on it.

I’d choose bead and/or laser over any other sight.

Agree with this too!! Remember it's home defense, so you're gonna be shooting maybe 20 feet, but more like 5-10 feet and likely in the dark. That's one reason, I like the bullpup design... short and quick to point...

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      He’s a troll. A bad one at that.

Good ole 18” 870 should serve you well.
      18" 870 an I'm the troll. lmaooooooooooooooooo

Comment

I have the KSG loaded with solid slug mini shells. If your on the wrong side of this you will wonder if it ever runs out of shells as it will hold 41 mini shells in the dual mag tubes and another 1 in the pipe.

Comment

Check out this Cream puff 79 wingmaster I snagged...giggity.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            18" 870 an I'm the troll. lmaooooooooooooooooo
            Please enlighten us on the issue with this set up.

Pretty simple platform. Most don’t know how to clear a malfunction in a semi under stress. 870/590 just pump it and sling another in 99% of scenarios. Simple to work on. Loads of aftermarket support. There’s a reason most police departments use them. I’ve got 3 of this same set up and they keep on trucking. I’ve got plenty of other options. The 870 is always a solid choice.
            Last edited by trophy8; 06-02-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Even a single shot wins

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                Even a single shot wins
                Biden says you just need to fire off a couple shots off the back porch. Problem solved.

Comment

I have a mossy 590 that I have done a few things too that is perfect. It is not too expensive and if I have to throw it in the back of my truck no big deal. I could have all of the crazy priced autos but for me I don't see the point. I can 7+1 an undesirable visitor in a few seconds with a pump.

Comment

If it were a home defense where someone’s life was on the line, the last thing I would use would be anything Mossberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      If it were a home defense where someone’s life was on the line, the last thing I would use would be anything Mossberg.
                      Ha, then don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        we had them on the ship I was on in the US Navy and they worked well. You dont shoot a home defense gun often. The last thing I would want would be a bunch of working parts on a gun that I need to work when needed.

Comment

Rem 870 is hard to beat- plenty of options for stocks/fore end/lights-- get an extended magazine tube as well.

Federal Flight Control 00 buck is your friend in a cylinder bore.

Comment

Moss 590A1

Comment

Working...
                            X