Cattle or Hog Panel Blind Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle or Hog Panel Blind Instructions

Looking for simple DIY instructions on how to build a cattle or hog panel blind? Which panel is better? How do you stabilize it so the wind won't blow it away? What do you cover it with so it will be blacked out and you will be protected from the weather? How do you connect the panels together and how do you secure the material you cover it with?

Will be placed on a pipeline.

Thanks,
    Lance

I don't have mine anymore but when I built it I used cattle panels. I secured the blind to the ground using T-posts on the interior then secured each panel together using bailing wire and secured the panels to the T-post also using bailing wire. As far as keeping it blacked out I used a black tarp to cover then used a camo fabric, netting, and some brush on the exterior. My blind sat in a brushy area already so it didn't stand out at all.

Comment

Originally posted by H&H land man View Post
      I don't have mine anymore but when I built it I used cattle panels. I secured the blind to the ground using T-posts on the interior then secured each panel together using bailing wire and secured the panels to the T-post also using bailing wire. As far as keeping it blacked out I used a black tarp to cover then used a camo fabric, netting, and some brush on the exterior. My blind sat in a brushy area already so it didn't stand out at all.
      Thank you. Sounds simple but we'll see.

Comment

Instead of using the PVC for the roof, could you just bend another hog paned over or would it be too short?

Comment

Use the taller cattle panel, and yes you could but the cpvc is easier to get a good dome in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
            Use the taller cattle panel, and yes you could but the cpvc is easier to get a good dome in my opinion.
            Thanks

Comment

I made mine in sections, used tie wraps to secure the plastic and netting, made the roof longer and used plastic on it only, bent it when I assembled the blind and secured with tie wraps. Made a wood frame shooting window covered with netting only, I can look through it without having it open, latch it up to shoot. Going to make another one for this year.

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

My plan was hay ring(s) covered in camo burlap

Comment

So, you have to punch holes in the burlap to tie the wire. Did that cause the burlap to rip worse?

Comment

looks and sounds like a solid easy plan, as my new place in Ark, is heavily wooded, and with this in can chop a area big enough to set this up in, Thanks for the great idea

Comment

Easy DIY ground blind

Comment

Cattle Panel Blind Questions

I have been researching TBH for ideas and it seems pretty simple and reasonable. Definitely cheaper than buying a blind. However, I do have some questions.
                          1. Can 1 person build it by himself? Once I bend the cattle panel into a half moon, will it hold it's shape until I get the 2d one bent and can wire them together?
                          2. Lots of options for the outside. Mine will be more permanent. Do I need to go with landscape fabric only or should I put a tarp or other more waterproof material over the landscape fabric?

Comment

Working...
                          X