Gotta Love Opening Day of Gun Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta Love Opening Day of Gun Season

Saturday November 2nd was an Amazing Day and my brother and I agreed to hunt all day before we met up! Walking in temps were 31 and there was zero wind! As soon as it was light enough to see Gunshots rang out from the North, South, West, and East. It was war and it sounded like the hunters were winning. The deer movement was still good but altered quite a bit from what we had seen that last 4 weeks. Saturday morning turned into Saturday afternoon and then at 5 pm I hear hogs and see this one running in straight in front of me on one of my well traveled deer trails. I get into the ready position as the sow slows down and comes into full view I draw back the Hoyt Archery Helix and find my anchor to wait on the perfect shot at 26 yards where the Red Arrow Scents Killer Korn was sprayed. Like a script being played out, she stopped broadside at 26 yards. I slowly get the top pin where I want it and gently squeeze on the TruFire Smoke release. WHACK, Crack! the Black Eagle Arrows X Impact tipped with New Archery Products Killzone Cut on Contact 2" heads are devasting! In through one rib, both lungs, and stuck in the offside rib the dark colored sow immediately turned red as she turned to run she was rolling it looked like a tornado made of blood, after a short 30 yard death run and a blood highway trail left behind a death squeal and a couple of flops later Hog Down! Cover Scent used was Pay Dirt. #broadheadbarnstyle #redarrowscents #teambroadheadbarn #texasbowhunter
    Attached Files

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Nice
      Thanks Brother

Comment

Nice shot!

Comment

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I was reading this from my iPhone 8, drinking Wild Turkey 101 and enjoyed it very much!!!

Congratulations on the hog and surviving the grind of an all day sit!

Comment

Congratulations! Job well done.

Comment

Congrats, love the recap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man you can tell a story!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

I'm a Killzone fan myself. Congrats on the swine.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          I was reading this from my iPhone 8, drinking Wild Turkey 101 and enjoyed it very much!!!

Congratulations on the hog and surviving the grind of an all day sit!
                          Well, i'll be! Mr Kyle, how the heck are you?

Been overwhelmed the last couple of years and I am now making up for lost time, you outta go check out my other post from opening day of archery season

I am dropping everything that moves with crossbows, compounds, recurves, and longbows

stay tuned its fixing to get wild
                          Last edited by Oneway; 11-17-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X