BIG MAN Cot questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG MAN Cot questions

looking to get a big man cot. Im 6'4 and 255 and wandering what your guys thoughts are on comfortable cots. IF you have one for sale let me know before i got to cabelas. Thanks

I'm 6' 275lb and I have the Cabelas XL's and they are ok. Set up is super easy. But with all cot's there is nothing comfortable about them. Lots of asprin and stretching after a weekend of hunting for me.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a blow up backpacking pad to put on top of it at the very least

Comment

Look at Davis Tent cots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter15 View Post
          looking to get a big man cot. Im 6'4 and 255 and wandering what your guys thoughts are on comfortable cots. IF you have one for sale let me know before i got to cabelas. Thanks
          Im about your size, maybe 5 pounds lighter. Army Surplus works just fine for me, it worked fine when I was in. I carry the weight up top though, not around the midsection so not sure if that helps. Also, "comfortable" is a subjective term, I am sure they have more comfortable ones out there.

Comment

I have a Teton XXL with pad. 5 years and still comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
              I have this and I am 6'7"and 270 lbs. Put a good quality air mattress and it works great. Don't hit the side rails when I roll over makes it nice. Like 40 inches wide.

Comment

I use this one that I bought at Sams Club. Pretty comfy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                  ^^^ Teton all the way. I also have the pad and it's great. Solid sleeping bags too,

With the Outfitter XXL Camp Cot we set out to make a super-strong cot that would feel as good as your bed at home and be easy to set up. So the strength is in the patented steel S-leg design. It has a 600 lb (272 kg) weight capacity. And the innovations don’t stop there:
                  Last edited by Fmjag64; 05-18-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                    I'm 6' 275lb and I have the Cabelas XL's and they are ok. Set up is super easy. But with all cot's there is nothing comfortable about them. Lots of asprin and stretching after a weekend of hunting for me.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
                    This..... I also put a foam mattress topper on mine and it help some more.. but it is still a cot.

Comment

Teton XXl cot and a teton cot pad will do the trick. Beats the heck out of a blow up mattress.

Comment

Can't speak to the 6'4" but I weigh half a bill more than you and a standard army cot and a thick foam topper worked very well at my last place.

Comment

I use a Cabelas Outfiiter XL with a cabelas large pad and a good outfitter sleeping bag with plenty of room (non mummy bag) every year in Colorado and its great sleep. After a couple night of spiking out on the mountain its like coming back to a real bed.

Comment

I'm 6'3" and 300 and the cabelas XL cot works for me with a pad on top of it.

Comment

I have 3 Cabela's "Lounge" cot's, and they are absolutely awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X